eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

max qty feature
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't either. I'm not sure why 1 item, doesn't mean one item. If someone has 10, then let them enter 10 and when 10 are bought the item ends. I have 1, when it's bought, the item should end.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fancyflappers wrote:
I don't either. I'm not sure why 1 item, doesn't mean one item. If someone has 10, then let them enter 10 and when 10 are bought the item ends. I have 1, when it's bought, the item should end.

It's because the Max Quantity field isn't any kind of inventory control.

I suspect it's a temporary fix for a particular problem (customers ordering a higher quantity of an item than is actually in stock) and am hoping that actual inventory control will be introduced at some point. As it is, Max Quantity only works properly if you go in and change that number with each sale of that item.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fancyflappers wrote:

Simple put it's not an inventory control. It's just a maxium quantity available per purchase.
It's better then what we had - nothing - but there is room for improvement.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I beat you by a hair!
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
Haha, I beat you by a hair!

LOL! Dang, I shouldn't have shaved my head last year, I might have beat you! LOL
OuiJoli

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Post subject: Max QTY Feature Reply with quote

The max qty feature is totally understandable. And I look upon this feature as a way to keeping tract of the products listed for sale to each individual purchaser therefore you have an accurate record of available products in stotage or w/e.

My concerns are that I have not listed a max qty for any of my products simply because I am currently associated with manufactures and suppliers of the merchandise I have listed on my ECrater site. Does this in any way affect my ability to complete orders or deliver over a specifice time period to customers who requests scheduled shippments?

If at anytime an item is out of stock or perhaps discontinued I will either delete or hide that product. I can't quite see the purpose for placing the SOLD OUT tag on the listing when it could be hid from view.
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If at anytime an item is out of stock or perhaps discontinued I will either delete or hide that product. I can't quite see the purpose for placing the SOLD OUT tag on the listing when it could be hid from view.

The reason for using a SOLD image is so that the item is there for the buyer to view once they recieve their item. NO SOLD image should be there longer then 2 weeks.
Hiding or deleting the item makes it not come up for them to view once they receive it.

Quote:
My concerns are that I have not listed a max qty for any of my products simply because I am currently associated with manufactures and suppliers of the merchandise I have listed on my ECrater site. Does this in any way affect my ability to complete orders or deliver over a specifice time period to customers who requests scheduled shippments?

An empty max qualtity box will not allow the buyer to buy more then ONE of the item. So if they want 2, they have to place 2 different orders and pay for them separately if using PayPal.

REMEMBER the max quanity box does NOT decrease the number you put it there. You must do that manually!
fabulous-for-less

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure there are drawbacks in what I'm about to say but what about changing the max quantity to 0 (zero) once the item is sold so that the customer can still see the item after it's received but no orders can be made on the item by another customer?

Then two weeks later, go bac in and either hide or delete the item as previously mentioned.

Does the system allow a zero to be entered? Question Question
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
what about changing the max quantity to 0 (zero) once the item is sold so that the customer can still see the item after it's received but no orders can be made on the item by another customer?

You can not put it at zero

Max qty must be a positive whole number but less than 9999
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: