eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Help!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maisyplum1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Help!!!! Reply with quote

Hi Ev1...!

I am having a real headache trying to understand how Ecrater works. I have read a number of times the set up procedure, but am still a little lost. Firstly, I set up my store bit by bit, but need to know if I have to sell to US (I only really want to sell to UK only). If I can opt out of US, how do I do it? How do I enter the price - it wont let me!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to sell to ALL 50 United States to sell on ecrater, you cant get around it. You will have to put in a US price for your items and be sure your shipping amounts to the US are correct. If you don't want to sell to the US at all, this site may not be for you. But with some work, depending on what you sell, there isn't much of a problem selling and shipping internationaly. The big thing is understand foreign money exchange and how to set up your shipping and postage (along with understanding how to set up your store well, etc. Very Happy )
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
At MaisyPlum we flick our beads into shape for you to enjoy

You used the word 'flick' twice on your about us page. Is it a misspelling or and if not, what does it mean? I haven't heard that expression before. It could be a Brit thing, but those of us here need to understand too. I could just be real out of touch with current slang also Very Happy
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER.

I assume you are setting up a UK store and not on the US site. Either way you must be willing to sell to the US. It is not a big deal. From the UK all USA and Canada are the same rate for whatever weight you ship. Selling jewelry makes for easy inexpensive shipping anywhere.

Currently you show shipping to the US as free which you want to make sure is removed before you take your store off hold.

If you only want to ship to the US and UK go to the shipping zones area and only check UK, US, Alaska and Hawaii. I encourage you to add Canada as they buy internationally a lot and it is no different than to the USA.

By the way I understand your use of flick in the second example but not in the first. Personally I don't want to buy jewelry that has been flicked together. In the second instance, I think we North Americans are more familiar with flip.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Personally I don't want to buy jewelry that has been flicked together. In the second instance, I think we North Americans are more familiar with flip.

Maggie, it was the first use of the word I couldn't figure out either. I actually like learning new words and new uses for words. Hubby and I have big dictionaries that we like looking up stuff, but when it is a different usage for a words, I just have to ask Very Happy
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maisyplum, I forgot to mention that you need to add measurements to your item descriptions.

Moonwishes, I think of flick as flicking your Bic, flicking a cigarette ash.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think of flick as flicking your Bic, flicking a cigarette ash

Never had a Bic or a cigarette, but do remember the flick your Bic commercials! I'm getting too old! Rolling Eyes
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: