eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

HELLO HELLO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WHERETHEHAUTETHINGSARE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: HELLO HELLO Reply with quote

Hello All

Chavi here! My eCrater Store - Where The Haute Things Are - has been on eCrater for some time - I have made 2 sales in the year I have been on the site and would love some feedback on how to make my presence known. I look forward to hearing from you all!

Cheers
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay.

First thing you need to change your post above to include that you sell adult only products. Many super conservative people here who are offended by it and you have it mixed in everywhere.

Second, you need two stores. One for adult inventory and one for your shoes and non sex items.

Third, your home page makes it look like you aren't open.

Fourth, you are promoting your eBay store. This is not a joint operation with eBay. Moreover you give your ebay link as your contact.

Should I go on?
WHERETHEHAUTETHINGSARE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
Okay.

First thing you need to change your post above to include that you sell adult only products. Many super conservative people here who are offended by it and you have it mixed in everywhere.

Second, you need two stores. One for adult inventory and one for your shoes and non sex items.

Fourth, you are promoting your eBay store. This is not a joint operation with eBay. Moreover you give your ebay link as your contact.

Should I go on?

Thank you for your feedback - I copied and pasted my ebay listings on ecrater that's why it was mentioned - is that against eCrater rules? If so please direct me to that as I would love to review it -- and what do you mean by homepage? While I have been on eCrater for nearly over a year I am still new to the whole innerworkings of the site - I would love if eCrater had a tutorial to acclimate one to it that would be stellar -- In any event cheers to you for your feedback I honestly can't say I will follow your advice as you read a bit combative (which can just be me reading into nothing) the 1st, 2nd schmill was a bit offputting - but I do appreaciate it and the adult items where given to me as a gift to get my real business off and runnig so while some ''conservative'' people might be offended by it - I can not apologize for that nor do I care to have two different stores -
but again thanks -

cheers!
WHERETHEHAUTETHINGSARE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay.

Should I go on?

and you are free to go on...
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think I sound combative, wait till the conservatives come aboard.

Your home page is what you see when you click on the www at the bottom of anyone's post or when you click on preview of your own store. That spot in the middle is for a welcome message which should briefly describe what you sell in your store and in your case a warning that it contains adult content.

The adult items you say you have in your possession. This means you are not an authorized seller and using their photos without permission is against the rules, both the company's and eCRATER's.

If is fine to upload eBay listings but then you have to edit them to take all references to eBay out.

Re my combativeness. I find almost all of your inventory offensive but you are legally allowed to list it here as long as it is in the adult category and comes with warnings. That doesn't mean I am glad to see you.
WHERETHEHAUTETHINGSARE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think I sound combative, wait till the conservatives come aboard.

Your home page is what you see when you click on the www at the bottom of anyone's post or when you click on preview of your own store. That spot in the middle is for a welcome message which should briefly describe what you sell in your store and in your case a warning that it contains adult content.

The adult items you say you have in your possession. This means you are not an authorized seller and using their photos without permission is against the rules, both the company's and eCRATER's.

If is fine to upload eBay listings but then you have to edit them to take all references to eBay out.

Re my combativeness. I find almost all of your inventory offensive but you are legally allowed to list it here as long as it is in the adult category and comes with warnings. That doesn't mean I am glad to see you.

Thank you for the homepage info - much appreciated. And your opinion of me has absolutely no bearing on who I am as a person nor my beliefs - I wanted to introduce myself here on this forum something I do not do but I can honestly say I am going to take your feedback in account - and frankly I could care less what these conservatives have to say - them nor you are my maker and I do not have to answer to anyone -

I wish you well and thanks again
CHEERS!
ohmygracie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and good luck. It takes a while to get sales hang in there.

I will have to agree with thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat, you really need to have an "adult section" and a "adult content warning". I was running through your store and my eyes popped out when I ran across some adult material. You really need to put a warning on because some people are offensive by it. Having the warning may help you with sales, cause some people as soon as they come upon an "adult" item will leave your store immediately. If it was me, I would use the "category" section/menu and put my items in categories (ie: Books; Adult Toys; Adult Magazines; etc.). That way people can click on a particular category they want instead of running through everything to find what they are looking for. Visit other stores to see how they have theirs set-up. Just for an example, you can visit mine by clicking the www under this post.

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat has been selling on eCrater for a very long time and has helped many people out when they have asked for advice. She's helped me many of times and has proven to be correct.

WHERETHEHAUTETHINGSARE
Quote:
and frankly I could care less what these conservatives have to say

It's not just conservatives that will chime in, it will be everyone. If you don't frankly care, then why did you ask? People are going to give you their opinions, you can like them or not like them, you can use them, not use them, that's ok. But be prepared to take the good with the bad.
WHERETHEHAUTETHINGSARE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohmygracie wrote:

I will have to agree with thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat, you really need to have an "adult section" and a "adult content warning". I was running through your store and my eyes popped out when I ran across some adult material. You really need to put a warning on because some people are offensive by it. Having the warning may help you with sales, cause some people as soon as they come upon an "adult" item will leave your store immediately. If it was me, I would use the "category" section/menu and put my items in categories (ie: Books; Adult Toys; Adult Magazines; etc.). That way people can click on a particular category they want instead of running through everything to find what they are looking for. Visit other stores to see how they have theirs set-up. Just for an example, you can visit mine by clicking the www under this post.

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat has been selling on eCrater for a very long time and has helped many people out when they have asked for advice. She's helped me many of times and has proven to be correct.

WHERETHEHAUTETHINGSARE
Quote:

It's not just conservatives that will chime in, it will be everyone. If you don't frankly care, then why did you ask? People are going to give you their opinions, you can like them or not like them, you can use them, not use them, that's ok. But be prepared to take the good with the bad.

Thank you for the feedback - I am open to criticism however that person who gave his/her opinion was rude and combative at least that's how it read to me - it's one thing to give suggestions but to say 'I'm not glad' of my presence is disgusting - I am acclimating myself to this site and will take these notes but will I make 2 separate stores to do so - absolutely not - I have a life and a career outside of this venture & eCrater is not my lifeline nor would I chastise someone who is selling products that are legal - like it or not. - I appreciate the feedback that's why I asked but I did not appreciate the tone of that person. I will not tolerate it - but I will ignore it -

Onward & Upward - I saw a turtorial on the categories and will update my store asap - besides that I will not make concessions for combative people who hide behind a computer -

Thanks for the note - I appreciate it and have an amazing friday!

Cheers
WHERETHEHAUTETHINGSARE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohmygracie wrote:

WHERETHEHAUTETHINGSARE
Quote:

And thank you for the welcome - it is appreciated!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the eCRATER forum. Sorry the topic seems to have started off on the wrong foot. Your home page is much improved with your text completed.

Many sellers on eCRATER have multiple stores for many reasons. I use different types of shipping for different products which can't be done the way I want with the shipping matrix so I have different stores. Since you have no desire for separate stores, I would suggest you create categories and move all your "adult only" items to a category marked "adult only". Then you could add subcategories for bedroom toys, magazines, etc. I would also strongly recommend that you have categories on your home page instead of random products. You could have a featured category "For adults only", but I put use a photo that is text only or at least PG rated. I would also recommend that you not check any items in your "adult only" as featured on your home page. In other words, if I had come to your shop as a buyer I would leave immediately as soon as I saw adult only items pictured on your home page and/or realized I could not browse your shop without viewing adult only items.

I checked out your eBay store and ebay blocks the photos of adult only items unless a person is authorized as being over 18. That is not available on eCRATER, so you need to try to meet the needs of all your potential customers unless you want to restrict your customer base to only those buyers who enjoy adult only items.

Other suggestions would be to add more photos to your listings (you can have up to 10), include only information that relates to the item being sold, and review each item as it is seen by a buyer. I looked at your Jeremy Scott dress, http://wherethehautethingsare.ecrater.com/p/11902690/jeremy-scott-zip-and-lace-up-sheath. You state in the title and in the description that the dress is size small, but have information for 4 sizes which could be confusing to customers. You say you can email additional photos, but why not add them to the listing so they don't have to email. Customers lose interest with email tag. Also, since you are trying to sell a dress for $219.99 with a NO Return policy, I would think you would want to show as much detail as possible. You have a link in the add that goes to an expired ebay listing that is no longer in the ebay database. Why would you want your customer to go to eBay where you would have to pay eBay fees instead of buying here where there are no fees. Your description says the dress is "100% PA". I have no idea what this means.

I looked at a few other items and had the same reaction. I really think you need to click on Preview and look at each item from the eyes of a buyer to see if your descriptions are really the best descriptions you can write.

Also, the comment about a notice in your post that you sell adult only products is valid. There are some sellers here who only sell adult only products who post with questions or insight to others questions. They simply add a line at the end of their post that they sell adult only products which I've found most sellers appreciate. If you separate your adult only items in a separate category, don't feature the individual items, and have a discrete photo for your category, anyone could browse your store for you other items without having the adult items mixed with them.
WHERETHEHAUTETHINGSARE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
Welcome to the eCRATER forum. Sorry the topic seems to have started off on the wrong foot. Your home page is much improved with your text completed.

Many sellers on eCRATER have multiple stores for many reasons. I use different types of shipping for different products which can't be done the way I want with the shipping matrix so I have different stores. Since you have no desire for separate stores, I would suggest you create categories and move all your "adult only" items to a category marked "adult only". Then you could add subcategories for bedroom toys, magazines, etc. I would also strongly recommend that you have categories on your home page instead of random products. You could have a featured category "For adults only", but I put use a photo that is text only or at least PG rated. I would also recommend that you not check any items in your "adult only" as featured on your home page. In other words, if I had come to your shop as a buyer I would leave immediately as soon as I saw adult only items pictured on your home page and/or realized I could not browse your shop without viewing adult only items.

I checked out your eBay store and ebay blocks the photos of adult only items unless a person is authorized as being over 18. That is not available on eCRATER, so you need to try to meet the needs of all your potential customers unless you want to restrict your customer base to only those buyers who enjoy adult only items.

Other suggestions would be to add more photos to your listings (you can have up to 10), include only information that relates to the item being sold, and review each item as it is seen by a buyer. I looked at your Jeremy Scott dress, http://wherethehautethingsare.ecrater.com/p/11902690/jeremy-scott-zip-and-lace-up-sheath. You state in the title and in the description that the dress is size small, but have information for 4 sizes which could be confusing to customers. You say you can email additional photos, but why not add them to the listing so they don't have to email. Customers lose interest with email tag. Also, since you are trying to sell a dress for $219.99 with a NO Return policy, I would think you would want to show as much detail as possible. You have a link in the add that goes to an expired ebay listing that is no longer in the ebay database. Why would you want your customer to go to eBay where you would have to pay eBay fees instead of buying here where there are no fees. Your description says the dress is "100% PA". I have no idea what this means.

I looked at a few other items and had the same reaction. I really think you need to click on Preview and look at each item from the eyes of a buyer to see if your descriptions are really the best descriptions you can write.

Also, the comment about a notice in your post that you sell adult only products is valid. There are some sellers here who only sell adult only products who post with questions or insight to others questions. They simply add a line at the end of their post that they sell adult only products which I've found most sellers appreciate. If you separate your adult only items in a separate category, don't feature the individual items, and have a discrete photo for your category, anyone could browse your store for you other items without having the adult items mixed with them.

Hello & a big thank you for the suggestions! I have updated my store - it's still a work in progress but it's getting there - I appreciate the feedback
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! you have updated your store. It looks much nicer and a store where all customers can feel more at ease browsing. Very Happy

The increase in the number of photos really says you want to sell the items. You still need to work your descriptions to remove all the size information except the size you are selling. Some customers will see all those sizes listed and be determined to buy a different size. If PayPal agrees with them, you could be out your sale price, shipping and item. I have read stories of that happening.
WHERETHEHAUTETHINGSARE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
Wow! you have updated your store. It looks much nicer and a store where all customers can feel more at ease browsing. Very Happy

The increase in the number of photos really says you want to sell the items. You still need to work your descriptions to remove all the size information except the size you are selling. Some customers will see all those sizes listed and be determined to buy a different size. If PayPal agrees with them, you could be out your sale price, shipping and item. I have read stories of that happening.

noted - I will update it asap - the store looks 1000x better - thanks again to everyone who took the time out to give feedback!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: