eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

GOOGLE ATTRIBUTES

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leroysamishtreasures

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: GOOGLE ATTRIBUTES Reply with quote

I do not understand what goes in the double column 15 block spaces that comes up when you click on Google Attributes. I understand that attributes are what google searches for and you put info relevant to each of your procudts in there put I don't comprehend the format. I sell hand and home made products by the Amish people. Most of these are untagged and therefore would not need mpns etc or the info needed for the apparel items. I can see that this is the same as doing it on ebay just by a different format. Would it be correct to put in the first box AMISH HOME MADE GINGHAM PATTERN 4 HOLE TOASTER COVER and then the word title under the value heading
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the left column, you put the actual attribute - size, brand, color, etc. In the right column, you put the descriptive term for that item - large, Mattel, blue, etc.

Makers of handmade items are instructed to fill in anything that applies, such as color, size, etc., and then to apply for an exemption from the manufacturer's attributes like upc's or mpn's. There are many threads here discussing this so you should be able to find a lot of information.

Good luck!! Very Happy
Becky
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: GOOGLE ATTRIBUTES Reply with quote

leroysamishtreasures wrote:
I do not understand what goes in the double column 15 block spaces that comes up when you click on Google Attributes.

If you click on the question mark icon when you open the attributes screen in your admin, there is a list of all eCrater supported attributes. The attribute name...that is, those attributes on the eCrater list, such as color...go in the first column. The value, for example red, goes in the 2nd column.

I sell hand and home made products by the Amish people. Most of these are untagged and therefore would not need mpns etc or the info needed for the apparel items.

You can file for an exemption thru eCrater. Check your admin. Also search the archives for "exemption" or similar for the many threads on that topic.

Would it be correct to put in the first box AMISH HOME MADE GINGHAM PATTERN 4 HOLE TOASTER COVER and then the word title under the value heading

No.

While you're working on your store, it may be worthwhile to think about your headlines and product descriptions. For your only current product, the toaster cover, you have 6 lines of text in the listing about the Amish before you even say what the product is...and then there's no information about the product: size, pattern, shape, decoration, etc. And you spelled the maker's name wrong. The headline does not say handmade or Amish. You are selling a hand-made toaster cover. Describe it to the buyer as if there were no photo. Also, there is no way for a customer to choose color, so it is in your best interest to list the 6 colors separately, making sure the color is noted distinctively in the headline and description.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taken from your listing. My suggestions are in red.

Title

2 HOLE TOASTER COVER BURGUNDY handmade by Amish crafters cotton check

Description

You are buying a new (never used) 2 hole toaster cover, part of the line of sewing goods hand made by Suzy Stoltfus one of my Amish crafters. This item is available in 5 other colors; black, navy blue, forest green, litebrown or olive green. If you want to add to your description you may but it has to be item specific. Not all toasters are the same size. Please include measurements.

Also it is recommended that you make a separate listing for each color and size so people can order directly without playing email tag.

The rest of your description is boiler plate and should be on your about page, not in your description.

During the past 20 years we have had a great influx of Amish people in our area. The Amish are well known for their commitment to living the simple life and do not make use of computers, automobiles or even fax machines. It is an interesting experience to walk into their home and see a sewing machine plugged into a converter that's clamped to a car battery sitting on the floor to provide DC power they use as their simple life demands. You can be assured that each and every one of their products are truely hand made one at a time and are an original. It is with great pleasure that I market their hand and home made products to the world, truely from their home to yours. End of your listing.

Amish products are in demand and quite collectible so you need to put Amish made in every title.

Personal note.
My brother lives in Amish country and has an Amish maid. She has a cell phone and when he calls her, if she is at home she goes outside to answer it.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: