eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Edited- Paypal Seller Protection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kccomputer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Edited- Paypal Seller Protection Reply with quote

Sorry for causing confusion. I was looking at the wrong section.

--------------------------------

I used to accept Paypal for payment on eCrater and the transactions were eligible for Paypal Seller Protection. I stopped using Paypal for awhile because of the problems I had with them and just re-used it again. Today I got a new transaction and it shows ineligible. I checked Paypal's policy again and it's now not covered. Just want to let others know.

Sorry for disturbing those who already know this.

9.5 Items/Transactions not Eligible for PayPal Seller Protection. The following are examples of items/transactions not eligible for PayPal Seller Protection:

Non-eBay transactions
Claims or Chargebacks for Significantly Not as Described.
Items that you deliver in person, including at a point of sale.
Intangible items, including Digital Goods and services.
PayPal Direct Payments (including Virtual Terminal Payments and Website Payments Pro/Plus payments).
Items that are not shipped to the recipient address. If you originally ship the item to the recipient address but the item is later redirected to a different address, you will not be eligible for PayPal Seller Protection. We therefore recommend not using a shipping service that is arranged by the buyer, so that you will be able to provide valid proof of shipping and delivery.

Last edited by kccomputer on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Non-eBay transactions are NOT eligible for Seller Protec Reply with quote

kccomputer wrote:
I used to accept Paypal for payment on eCrater and the transactions were eligible for Paypal Seller Protection. I stopped using Paypal for awhile because of the problems I had with them and just re-used it again. Today I got a new transaction and it shows ineligible. I checked Paypal's policy again and it's now not covered. Just want to let others know.

That is, to the best of my knowledge, not caused by it being a non-eBay transaction. It would be marked ineligible if the customer used a funding source without a Confirmed Address (and/or the customer tried to supply a different shipping address). All the payments I receive are marked eligible because I have my PayPal account locked down to not accept payments which do not have a Confirmed Address. In the case of web-accept payments, the supplied address is usually the card billing address (and the payments are marked eligible).

Also note that locking your account down (as I have done) may also seriously impact your ability to accept non-US payments (although Canadian payments might go thru).

If this is a recent change, then it will seriously impact the number of sellers accept PayPal.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, I'm looking at the PayPal User Agreement (Last Update: Jan 24, 2012) and I do not see the text you posted above. Where did you copy that from ?

In the the User Agreement I'm looking at, there is no section 9.5, Protection For Sellers is in section 11.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must really be a dork. I never check to see about eligible or ineligible, etc. If they paid, I ship. Never once have had a problem even when sending to a different address than the one they gave PP--I have some buyers that ask me to ship their pattern to where they will be spending their vacation so they don't have to pack it. I'm so glad that sewing patterns aren't a big scam item!
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did he found that? He must be reading the PayPal terms for eBay.

PayPal User Agreement
https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full&locale.x=en_US#11.%20Protection%20for%20Sellers.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, he confuse the PayPal terms with PayPal terms for eBay sales. Rolling Eyes

https://cms.paypal.com/sg/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full#9.%20Protection%20for%20eBay%20Sellers.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On another note:

In reading the real PayPal terms... I wonder how the part in red below is going to affect the adoption of their new card reader?

Quote:
11.5 Items/transactions not eligible for PayPal Seller protection. The following are examples of items/transactions not eligible for PayPal Seller protection.

Items that you deliver in person, including at a retail point of sale.
Intangible items, including Digital Goods, and services.
PayPal Direct Payments.
Virtual Terminal Payments.
PayPal Business Payments.
Items that are not shipped to the recipient's shipping address on the Transaction Details Page. If you originally ship the item to the recipient's shipping address on the Transaction Details Page address but the item is later redirected to a different address, you will not be eligible for PayPal Seller protection. We therefore recommend not using a shipping service that is arranged by the buyer, so that you will be able to provide valid proof of shipping and delivery.

Also, note the last paragraph. That is the problem with mail forwarding and also those services that have a US address and then ship packages overseas for people.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you originally ship the item to the recipient's shipping address on the Transaction Details Page address but the item is later redirected to a different address, you will not be eligible for PayPal Seller protection.

You know I never even thought about selling or receiving agents with that phrase, but items that the PO forwards due to a change of address. By straight interpretation of that line, that circumstance wouldn't be covered either!
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecheapskirt wrote:
On another note:

In reading the real PayPal terms... I wonder how the part in red below is going to affect the adoption of their new card reader?

Quote:
11.5 Items/transactions not eligible for PayPal Seller protection. The following are examples of items/transactions not eligible for PayPal Seller protection.

Intangible items, including Digital Goods, and services.
PayPal Direct Payments.
Virtual Terminal Payments.
PayPal Business Payments.
Items that are not shipped to the recipient's shipping address on the Transaction Details Page. If you originally ship the item to the recipient's shipping address on the Transaction Details Page address but the item is later redirected to a different address, you will not be eligible for PayPal Seller protection. We therefore recommend not using a shipping service that is arranged by the buyer, so that you will be able to provide valid proof of shipping and delivery.

Also, note the last paragraph. That is the problem with mail forwarding and also those services that have a US address and then ship packages overseas for people.

I'd say that could also include someone having mail forwarded to another address, without the knowledge of the addressee/cardholder. This is why I ship packages with "Return Service Requested (DMM 507.1.5.1)" stickers on them. That tells the carrier not to forward the package, but to return it to the sender.

If the concern here is for packages being forwarded by freight forwarding services, I'm not sure how the seller could possible detect that.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have orders on ecrater all the time that are protected under the Paypal seller protection so, I don't know who told you that an order is ineligible for coverage if it is placed on any other site besides ebay. It doesn't matter where you sell, there are other factors that Paypal uses when deciding whether or not to cover you if something goes wrong with your order.
elpereles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Every year PP update their terms. I will not be surprise to see it updated in some point or another.

Also something I noted when I was looking for the "Terms" of PayPal. They have different "Terms" for their different sites. For example the USA site Terms and Mexico site Terms aren't the same or are writing differently.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: