eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I'm back!! If only for a while!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClothesAtHand

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: I'm back!! If only for a while! Reply with quote

Hi Everyone! I've been on hiatus for a while due to my latest pregnancy. I struggle alot with morning sickness and haven't felt up to chatting. My store has still been in operation this whole time and I would have continued filling orders, except.... I haven't had any!!! I can't believe it! I've had my summer inventory out for months and no sales since January!! Anyone else really slow??

Looking forward to chatting again!!

Clothes At Hand
Smile
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am guessing that since you haven't been feeling up to doing much - that you haven't been promoting your store. Without you doing the promoting you won't get any buyers.
ClothesAtHand

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that listing items helps with search engines, etc. My problem is that I list my items right away when I buy them to avoid letting my inventory pile up. That means I'm listing winter items now and summer items in the Fall. Do you think that matters?

No.. I haven't been promoting my store. I wasn't doing much promoting before either and still got a couple sales a month.

Anyway, thanks for the response.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listing has nothig to do with it -- well it does BUT it's not nearly as important as getting your buyers.
You can have 10 items or 10,000 but that won't matter if you have ZERO buyers.

Quote:
No.. I haven't been promoting my store. I wasn't doing much promoting before either and still got a couple sales a month.

That was luck. Guess if you don't want to promote your store and get your buyers in the door you can't complain too much about no sales.
ClothesAtHand

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that I don't WANT to promote my store. I still give out my web address with every order from the other place (which sales have been pretty good). I haven't been feeling great and I have a two year old, so finding the time is difficult. I also feel overwhelmed by trying to learn the different techniques. I still have no idea what RSS Feeds are and how to do them.

I know you've heard every excuse in the book. I guess I'll go back and reread the threads for advertising, etc.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I haven't been feeling great and I have a two year old, so finding the time is difficult.

Not trying to be mean or harsh - just trying to help you decide what it is you want.
You want a business? You got to work at it daily - just like a job. OK you have more freedom, work when kid is napping, stay up an hour later each night, etc.
A business will not survive if you don't make time for it.
A business will not survive if you dont' treat it like it has importance.
A business is not a toy you can play with when you want and then put it away and return whenever.

Make a schedule, a plan, whether you have one hour a day or whatever for your business - 100% of that time is spend doing nothing but business - no potty breaks, no phone calls, no tv. One hour isn't much time and you need ever second to count as 10.

If all you have is one hour a day, use at least 15 minutes of that promoting your store.

Quote:
I still give out my web address with every order from the other place

To me that's not promoting - those are now buyers that you already have. SURE you got to do whatever to keep them and make them return BUT you got them in the door already. PROMOTING is finding those people that haven't found you yet.
ClothesAtHand

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the words of wisdom. I will make an effort!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: