eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Quick Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RetroGamez

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Quick Questions Reply with quote

Hi, I've started a new store selling classic games and I already made a sale. Do customers have to have google checkout or paypal accounts to pay with them? Also, The items I sold are still up in my categories, do I have to manually take them out?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't a quick question!

Before opening your store, you needed to decide how you wanted payment (as long as it is within ecraters terms). If you wanted to offer PP or GCO you needed to get that set up so that when a customer tries to buy something they can do it instantly. Customers can sign up for a PP or GCO account whenever they want to, including when they buy something.

To get your items hid when someone buys them, you need to have the enable inventory control checked. However, that only works when you get an instant payment through PP or GCO. I'm a little fuzzy on how you know you made a sale without seemingly having PP or GCO set up. Did you get an email from 'noreply@ecrater'? If so it means you got an order, but not that anyone paid for it unless you got an accompanying notification of payment from PP or a notice from GCO that you got an order. In both instance, you should see the money in your PP or GCO account if they did pay for it. If no money when you need to help your customer figure out how to pay (and many of them don't if they can't get through to pay or they change their mind).

Also if you allow MO or checks, the item will not be hidden, you will have to do that manually. Then if the MO doesn't show up (which also happens a lot) you will have to unhide the order. Everyone has their own way of taking care of these situations and you should find lots of reading about all this information that I have given you.
RetroGamez

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have google checkout and paypal set up I just didn't know about the inventory control and i wasn't sure if someone needed to have a checkout account or paypal account to purchase. thank you for your answer. it was very helpful.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Quick Questions Reply with quote

RetroGamez wrote:
Hi, I've started a new store selling classic games and I already made a sale. Do customers have to have google checkout or paypal accounts to pay with them? Also, The items I sold are still up in my categories, do I have to manually take them out?

When you look on your eCrater orders screen, what payment type does this order indicates the buyer selected ?
RetroGamez

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paypal
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have both PP and GCO enabled according to your listings. If the buyer chose PP, did you get a paid notice from PP?

You don't have to have either PP or GCO as payment methods but if you don't have one of them eCRATER will not submit your listings to Google. So it definitely pays to offer one and both if you want to give your buyers more options.

I have a question about your photos. They look like stock photos but your items that I looked at are used. People want to see the actual item they are buying if the item is used. You can also be suspended for using stock photos without the company's permission to do so.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RetroGamez wrote:
paypal

Some PayPal orders will arrive with no payment. This is because the customer changed their mind, or a myriad of other reasons. When you see PayPal, always check your PayPal account to see if a payment was actually made.

Until that happens, it is an order, and not a sale.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick Questions Reply with quote

RetroGamez wrote:
Do customers have to have google checkout or paypal accounts to pay with them?
If the customer doesn't have a Google Checkout account, Google does require them to open an account in order to pay. PayPal gives the customer three choices, pay with a credit card, sign in to their PayPal account, or open a PayPal account.
RetroGamez

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get it. he used pp but he didnt pay yet. I fully understand now. thank you
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I get it. he used pp but he didnt pay yet. I fully understand now. thank you

he probably changed his mind OR had trouble paying..wouldn't hurt to send him a pp invoice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: