eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Problems selling to other countries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cinemasewer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Problems selling to other countries Reply with quote

Ok, never had a problem with this before, but someone in the UK just wrote to ask why I don't sell to the UK. I've been selling to the UK for as long as I've had my store, as well as 20 or so other foreign countries.

So I went to my ecrater store to see, and sure enough, when I request a total for shipping outside the USA, I get this disclaimer:

"This merchant does not ship to countries others than the listed above."

I haven't changed anything in my shipping matrix or my shipping zones, and everything there seems to be in order -- in that it states that I ship to the UK and all the other countries I've always sold to.

A little help?? Any ideas what to do?

PS: I'm a seller in Canada
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cinemasewer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, nevermind -- I just realized that it's because if you don't click on the "send" button, after the display says :

"This merchant does not ship to countries others than the listed above."

... then you don't get a shipping estimate to your country.

This seems like a design flaw to me, and I can see why it confused my customers, because it really confused me!
cinemasewer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Case in point: This is what my customers see when they ask for international shipping.

Seems like a design issue to me. If you're not playing close attention (as I was not) then you could be easily excused for thinking this seller only ships to the USA.

It gives me pause to wonder how many international sales I've missed out on because of this.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All changes on any website require that you click enter or update after you make changes. Otherwise you could accidentally hit something and make a change you didn't intend. Having that extra step will lessen the likelihood of that happening.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: