eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Deleting Global Action
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
boundtoquilt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Deleting Global Action Reply with quote

Hello,
I had added a Global Action with adding UK and Aus store pricing. I recently changing the pricing of my Fabric store and now all these prices are way off. I can't find a way to update pricing...ie: run the conversion rates again. So I plan on deleting the old conversation rates and adding new conversion rates. Problem is I can't seem to find how to delete the old rates or edit for new rates.

It allowed my to run new conversion rates which are currently pending but old rates won't let me delete them. Any ideas on what to do?
Thanks
Bound to Quilt
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give it some time. It may take a few hours.
boundtoquilt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
It did update. I guess creating a new Global Action overrides the older same Global Action. Weird that you can't delete old action
junglebeaks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Currency conversion issue Reply with quote

Hello all,

I need help on currency conversion. It appears my listings are currently allowing international buyers to pay in THEIR currency and is not convertng them to USD.

How do I change this?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jungle, If you have a UK and AU store, they WILL be able to buy in their currency and you can do the exchange in PP. You most likely have those international stores enabled. You are still getting the correct price for the items. If you don't want to sell internationally, you need to shut those stores down in your store administration area. Otherwise, what is the problem? You got a sale and PP will give you US dollars for it.
junglebeaks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think I am understadning correctly.

I sell in the US but also world wide. However, I actually got a sale today from one of my regular customers from my ebay store. Well there was a major error in the listing as to the price, which he CLEARLY knew was a mistake because this is the item he always buys from me for like 3x the price and that is the BULK price otehr wise it would be like 4x, and of course he knew actual shippng for this amount was MORE becuase it is listed on the label. My point here is that he was taking advantage of a clear mistake.

The listing error was definately my fault. BUT, for some reason he was able to pay in GBP whch I do not understand why, because then I would have to pay to convert it to USD.

Can we not set it up to convert it when they go to pay out for international sales. If so, how?

BTW, I am currently updating listings as we speak but I have so many it takes a LONG LONG time.. Sad
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jungle--are you saying this happened on ebay? If not we can't help or do you mean it happened here on ecrater?

Quote:
My point here is that he was taking advantage of a clear mistake

No he wasn't. He was taking advantage of a good deal as he perceived it. It isn't to your customers to figure out if your prices are correct.

Quote:
for some reason he was able to pay in GBP whch I do not understand why, because then I would have to pay to convert it to USD.

Did he buy this through your ecrater UK store? If so he should have been able to purchase it in GBP through PP? In PP you can just have PP convert it to US dollars and that only costs a few cents and certainly is not a huge amount to complain about paying. Converting money in PP is easy, you just have to follow the instructions. You can set it up to automatically convert in PP but you have to follow PP instructions and the only way for me to tell you how is to go to PP and find the right pages to tell you how, and you can do that for yourself.

You can use the global editor to convert prices by a percentage of the prices that you have in your US store. But the US prices have to be right in the first place, so those you would have to manually update to be correct. Many buyers know that ebay charges huge fees at this point and so if this is the first time your customer bought from you here, he probably figured the price break was due to no fees here. It does make a huge difference.

In case you don't know, you do have a UK store and that is probably where the GBP order came from. If you don't want to have UK and AU stores you need to turn them off as I mentioned before.
junglebeaks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moonwishes..
No he has bought from me several times from my ebay store but today he bought from my ecrater store. The price he paid was supposed to be for 25' of rope and the shipping was calculated for 25' but the listing said 50'. He then bought two sets. This is the amount he usually buys from me on ebay.

He knows from buying this amount from me before that the shipping alone is more than DOUBLE of what he paid here as the price of the shippiging is printed on the label, so he KNEW there was a mistake. Thats what bothers me the most.

Had he never bought this same rope and amount from me before I would not feel he was taking advantage of a KNOWN mistakes but he did and he knew. I understand people do know about the fees we pay and have to add fro ebay but to be almost 3x LESS, clearly there is an error.

However, back to your statement about having a UK and AU store. I am not sure how I did that. Although I do want to sell in the UK and AU but I thought it was giving the price in USD.

As for the conversion rate, this sale for example was going to cost me almost approx $2.84.

So,
If I have my price set up in USD and sell in lets say, UK, will they see the price in USD or GPB? And, when they pay wouldn't THEY have to pay to convert it to USD?

Where do I go to fix this or make sure..Is it global action?

I do appreciate all of your time and help.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty harsh assessment of your buyer. I run 50% off sales all the time and so you'll find the same thing on ecrater at 50% off the price I listed it on eBay.

I don't think it's unreasonable for a buyer to expect you have priced your items correctly BEFORE you opened your store.

If you have a lot of things priced incorrectly, put your store on hold until they are fixed if you want to avoid selling things at the wrong prices.
junglebeaks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not say "I have a lot of things priced incorrectly". I said there was an ERROR in this listing. It just had the wrong amount of the rope everythng else was correct.

cheapskirt
if you think me feeling as though my custmer was taking advantage of an error was harsh, if you are selling things 50% more on ebay than other venues, don't you think you are cheating your ebay customers and isn't THAT harsh.

granted we have to charge more on ebay but 50% more I think would be terrible. I would feel totally cheated if I bought from your ebay store and found you selling the same thing elsewhere for 50% less.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently you have active stores on both the UK and AU eCRATER sites. If you don't want a store on the UK or AU sites, you have to follow the steps listed here to remove your items from both sites.

FAQ >Selling in UK http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=28803

FAQ > eCRATER Australia http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=28917

You can still ship to the UK and AU from your US site even if you remove your items from the UK and AU sites.

Note you will have to run the global editor twice, once for each site.

Last edited by SheilaDeesPostcards on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
junglebeaks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help SheilaDeesPostcards..

So if I turn off the auto convert currency, will that shut down the UK and AU stores? I would like to have the stores but I certainly do not want to have to figure out the currency for each item.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

junglebeaks wrote:
Thanks for the help SheilaDeesPostcards..

So if I turn off the auto convert currency, will that shut down the UK and AU stores? I would like to have the stores but I certainly do not want to have to figure out the currency for each item.
You're welcome, but did you even read the links? The answer to your questions is in the first link. I omitted a letter in the second link which has now been corrected.

The whole reason for the FAQ section is to Answer Frequently Asked Questions. If something isn't clear in the FAQ, please ask for additional information, but please, at least read the topics first.
junglebeaks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did read it. Although I was not clear as to what it will actually do for payment.

For example, if it is tranferred to their currecny then they will pay with their currecny and then we have to pay to convert it to ours in paypal. However, if they pay in USD then they will have to pay to convert it to USD.

Not only that some currencies are woth more and some less.
I understand we can have the price automatically converted to their currecny, but how will that affect us in the end (payment) is my convern.

I guess I should have been a little more clear as to what I meant.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would like to have the stores but I certainly do not want to have to figure out the currency for each item.

If you turn off the auto convert prices without closing your UK and AU stores then you WILL have to figure the exchange rate on your store through the global editor or manually. In your UK and AU stores the prices are always shown in GBP or AUS dollars and that is what the customer pays in. They do not pay to have the money converted. You can convert your money in PP as I mentioned before. As long as you set up your conversion rate correctly, you shouldn't be losing any money on those foreign transactions.

I do think you really need to read those topic links you were given, and do some more research here on having the international stores so that you completely understand what you are doing. Not sure how you know you had to pay $2.84 to convert the money. Are you sure you aren't mixing that up with the normal PP fee, were they charge a bit more for international sales? I don't know of any way you can figure an exchange fee separate from the regular fee and you are stuck with those. The PP and GCO fees are part of selling on line. For foreign orders the fee is a bit bigger, but not that much bigger.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: