eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Messing up with the shipping matrix! Need help :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pickles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Messing up with the shipping matrix! Need help :( Reply with quote

Sad Sad Sad Sad .....

Hello friends!

I am new to this webstore! Every thing is really fine with this webstore except with the SHIPPING MATRIX!! I am really confused with this! I had only four items in my webstore and with a week of hard work i set up the shipping charges for these 4 items. Today, i updated a new item in the store in the same category where those 4 items categorized. The shipping charges are appearing absolutely wrong with the recently added item. But with the 4 items that are already existing, the shipping charges appears to be alright. How to fix this issue? NEED YOUR HELP!!!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Each item must have a weight.

2. The weights are nominally in pounds, and not kilograms (or grams). Use real numbers (1.5 pounds), and do not attempt to use fractions (1 1/2 pounds) or ounces (24 ounces).

3. You can use weight systems other than pounds, but I would recommend not doing this until you are very comfortable with the shipping matrix.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For one thing what category an item is in has nothing to do with it's shipping cost. I noted that 4 of your items had $37+ shipping while one item had $8 shipping. Assuming that the actual pickles are in a jar of some sort, they would be heavier than the powdered chili which has the cheaper shipping weight. That is an assumption since you didn't put weights (or ingredients, which is important) on any of your products.

Not sure what you actually wanted for the shipping weights since $37 seems excessive for a $5 item, but I am aware that international shipping does cost more and you have to be sure that your pickle jars are packed carefully enough that they don't break. At least pickles here in the states come in jars so that is my reference point.

There are MANY discusions about using the matrix here and I'm not going to repeat what I know I have written many times other than to say, those columns in the matrix can mean whatever you want them to mean. So if a powdered spice costs $8 to ship and it is your lightest weight item then you could have $8 in your first column and you could then have multiples of $8 in the nest few columns until you get to around $37. Whichever column that number falls into is the number that you put for weight on your listing. And remember the category of where it is listed has nothing to do with shipping at all.

You really do need to list the actual packed weight of your product and the ingredients of the pickles both in your listing and on your jars or packets. I'm not sure what other rules you have to follow for making and shipping food items to the states, but I know here things have to be made in an approved kitchen, etc. so you might want to find out about any rules in that regard.
pickles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Problem solved! :) Reply with quote

Thanks for both of you! My problem with the shipping matrix has been solved Smile Thanks a lot Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: