eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Preview store from admin. not working?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Preview store from admin. not working? Reply with quote

Is anyone else having trouble with previewing your store from the admin. area?

I put my stores on hold this morning for a short time due to some personal stuff going on. However, tried to preview my stores both before doing that and after doing that and could not get in.

Just wondering?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seeing your store, so that is good Very Happy
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preview working ok in my 2 stores.

This isn't what you asked about but just to add on...since Preview goes to the homepage, it's cumbersome when I'm adding products. So I rarely use it. Instead, I keep a second browser window open to the category I'm working on and proofread new listings from there. Dunno if that helps you any.
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks moonwishes for checking. Yes, I can see my stores. But was not able to use the "Preview store" feature while signed into my admin.

Just tried it again. Still can not "preview" from admin. It makes a clicking noise but will not preview.
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked this on another computer. I can preview through admin on my desktop computer, but on the laptop it clicks and has a little yellow blip with an exclamation point or something inside it.

Just a side note, both my laptop and desktop have windows 7, using internet explorer. I have been totally unable to get to tax forms on the State of Ks. and State of Oklahoma web sites. Both kick me out of internet explorer totally when I try to get to the actual form. However, I have an older laptop with Windows Vista, and was able to get to these websites and tax forms and print them.

I am not knowledgeable about this stuff. Just wondering if there could be some sort of pop up blocker or something to do with the Windows version that is blocking this stuff?

Along with this, could there be something on my computer that is suddenly blocking the ecrater preview? Have not had this problem on the laptop before.

Don't know if someone with computer tech skills might have an idea on this?

Thanks!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As odd as this sounds, my very first boyfriend ever I found on line again about 15 years ago. Since then he and my hubby have become on line buddies. To quote the both of them, friends don't let friends use Windows 7. Apparently it has its problems. It is hubbies job to deal with computer glitches so I have no clue.
vintagemoonbeams

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was just trying to use the "view store" link after doing a keyword search through the ecrater home page main site, finding products, choosing one, then trying to go to "view store" from that item description on ecrater. I am getting the same results as the "preview store" link through my admin. A little hand comes up with a yellow blurb and an exclamation point. Does not allow me to go to the link. This is on my laptop which is new with Windows 7. The desk top computer also has windows 7, but is letting me use these links.

This is very confusing and I am not sure what to try to fix it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
ladyknightsjewelry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using Internet Explorer? If so, try turning off the pop up blocker

Tools>popup blocker>Turn off pop up blocker

LKJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: