eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

shipping problem, help please!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redrockfossils

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: shipping problem, help please! Reply with quote

hello all, i am a bit new to this and am having problems with putting the shipping info on items, i am u.k based and have filled the matrix in and this seems o.k, is it right that if i tick weight dependable then no shipping will show to u.s customers? i have j done a check on item for shipping to the U.S and it says zero postage, hope this makes sense, thanks in advance
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it says 0 shipping to any country you ship to (and you must ship to the US), then you have to ship for free, sooo if that is happening you haven't done it right.
redrockfossils

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for your reply, think i understand it a bit better now! i love the ecrater site but the shipping options available are just not working for me , the only way i can price shipping on large items so that i dont lose out is if i box and wrap them when listed and this is a definite no! a better option for me is for the buyer, if in another country to me, to email for a postal price but this doesnt seem an option. im going to have to knock the larger items off my site unfortunately.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redrockfossils wrote:
Hi thanks for your reply, think i understand it a bit better now! i love the ecrater site but the shipping options available are just not working for me , the only way i can price shipping on large items so that i dont lose out is if i box and wrap them when listed and this is a definite no! a better option for me is for the buyer, if in another country to me, to email for a postal price but this doesnt seem an option. im going to have to knock the larger items off my site unfortunately.

You don't have to physically pre-box each item, but you do need to know the box size that each item would fit into (if ordered individually). Then you take the item weight (the net weight) and the packaging weight (the tare weight) and add them together to get the weight to place on the listing.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: