eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Once in a while I wish I had a modern cell phone

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Once in a while I wish I had a modern cell phone Reply with quote

Occasionally, I wish I had a cell phone that took videos. Like yesterday.

Down the road from us is a cattle farm. We enjoy going past and seeing the new calves and watching them grow. Rarely do we see the calves playing with each other. Sometimes, 3 or 4 horses are turned out with the cattle. Most of the time, the two seem to divide the pasture in half, don't mix and leave each other alone.

Last night, one of the younger calves must have wandered too close to the horses. I say that because the scene started with one of the horses chasing the calf. Not quite full gallop, but definately in a hurry, neck stretched out, teeth showing and just about even with the calf's rump. Poor little calf looked like she was running for her life! The horse stopped chasing her when she got far enough away. To a horse lover, it was obviously the horse was not galloping at full speed. Just fast enough...

It would have made a comical YouTube video, especially the poor calf's expression.

Alas, I'm not even sure my cell phone can take a still picture....
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Join the crowd. I have been considering getting an updated phone. It wouldn't even cost me anything as I have enough Fido $ to buy a smart phone. I go months without using the phone I have because it will just make and receive calls (I think), and I don't even turn it on unless I need to make a local call while away from home.

I have done the math for having only a mobile phone and canceling the land line but my long distance calls to the US would bankrupt me. Canada long distance international rates for cellular are through the roof and are not about to go down in price.

Over a year ago I bought a JVC pocket sized camcorder and have never opened the box it came in. I think I probably would be the same way with a fancy phone.

The thing is that if I have a smart phone I have to pay for data plans and that would increase my monthly expenses for some unknown reason that I probably don't need.
StoneWyre

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a funny story! I can *almost* see it!

A pay-as-you-go plan might work for you. I use my cell mostly at shows for credit cards and it costs me $2 for the day, unlimited phone/web use. I could never justify a monthly plan! The camera and video function aren't too shabby!
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cell phone is a dinosaur. I pay about $100.00 per year. I refuse to be addicted to it like so many of my students. Just take your digital camera with you. I love wildlife and flowers and will often stop just to take pictures. I think my camera has video but I can't figure that out. Anyway, here is what I took with it yesterday. A poor old hungry bird was in my yard yesterday. I gave him some catfood. I live in town and this was an unusual bird.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love that photo Lastade. I never remember to take my camera with me but my phone is always in my purse.

You Americans can't possibly imagine how expensive mobile communications are in Canada. It has been explained to me that it is due to the vastness of the country and the comparatively small population. Not enough traffic to bring down the rates.

I have the lowest monthly price level and the unused minutes acrue but can't be used for long-distance out of the country. Pay as you go cards expire in 30 days. I can and have called and had my service switched when I've been away or in the US for a while, but for impromptu use it isn't good if you are outside your plan allowance.
lotus-petals

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I am another youngin' that HATES techy crap but, I DO LOVE!!!!! my cell phone camera. I am a photography major so, the camera on my iphone is my baby and I have to use it for school! I have to have it.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: