eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I want to sell/post only to UK... please help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheapusedclothes

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: I want to sell/post only to UK... please help. Reply with quote

Hi, sellers.
I want to sell only in UK. So what should I do to set up shipping info & shipping matrix correctly?
I've listed 3 items, but they all says: 'free shiping for US-MAinland, Alaska and Hawaii' even if I filled shipping matrix ... So I deleted all my items, because I don't want to ship in other countries than UK (and the post taxes are really high , so nobody from other countries would buy anything from me.
Please help me to set up correctly shipping information

View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheapusedclothes, sorry to said this, but I believe you will need to try eBid or other site.

In my personal opinion. It isn't fair to impose a UK and AU store versions of eCrater users because no everybody sell International. As the same way isn't fair that users from UK and AU must ship to USA. But is an eCrater requirement to sell to USA.

Quote:
4.3 Basic requirements

- All texts must be in English
- All prices must be in US dollars and >= $0.2
- The sellers must be able to ship throughout the United States.
- If paid through PayPal/Google Checkout the sellers must ship within 5 business days after the payment clears. Exemptions from this rule are cases when you ship custom made items or items that require time to be produced.

eCrater's term of Service
http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php
cheapusedclothes

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thank you for the answer. Smile
I have nothing against Americans, just postal services of other countries are very, very expensive .... That is why, I decided that there is a way to sell only in UK and EUROPE. There is no point for me to have USA store , because no one will buy things , because of big postage taxes...
It seems I will have to leave ecrater

Good luck for all
Smile
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in Canada and Brits have no problem buying from me and Canadian postage is as high if not higher than in the UK. If people want it they will buy it. If you are shipping to the US or Canada I don't think you have to charge the VATs at least you didn't used to have to do that. Fix your matrix so VAT is included in the shipping to countries where it is required, but not to US and other countries not in the EU.

If you are selling super heavy things like kitchen sinks etc, I understand your position, but if you are selling small items, people will buy from you.

From the name of your shop I would assume that you are selling inexpensive used clothing. You have to be willing to sell to the US but people looking for cheap clothing won't want to pay the postage anyway so it probably won't be a problem. I mean once they see $15 added to the price of a $5 used shirt, they will not continue to checkout. Sooo I wouldn't let not wanting US business deter me from setting up a shop.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, we in the US don't pay VAT so you shouldn't be charging it. I get lots of international orders, so see no reason to exclude other countries. Let the customer make the decision whether they want to pay the shipping or not.

I don't know how the VAT, etc. works in the UK but you might want to double check with the tax authorities to be sure when and where you have to add it in and who you remit it to. I can't imagine trying to charge VAT tax to all those European countries with it. Who do you remit it to? Doesn't seem like the UK should be collecting it for Germany, for example, unless they then send it to them. Sounds complicated which is why I mention that you might want to check and be very clear. I know I've seen lots of sellers not understanding the state tax collection we have here.
dehartconnections

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have an upset customer from the UK some reason my store didnt charge her shipping for an order --i sent her a separtet invioce fr the shipping & she is upset -dest want to pay the shipping -I am set up for UK dnt understand why its not adding shipping? is there a way I can have this checked??-----Terry
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dehartconnections wrote:
i have an upset customer from the UK some reason my store didnt charge her shipping for an order --i sent her a separtet invioce fr the shipping & she is upset -dest want to pay the shipping

She has every right to be upset. Failure to disclose the full price of the product, and thereby raising the price after an order has been placed, is a form of false advertising.
dehartconnections

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you FoxAndFish im not asking that im wantin to know how this happened? & how too correct it prevent my shipping matrix from working or have this check out-- im going to send this custoomer her order at my cost
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dehartconnections wrote:
thank you FoxAndFish im not asking that im wantin to know how this happened? & how too correct it prevent my shipping matrix from working or have this check out-- im going to send this custoomer her order at my cost

I see you are using USPS calculated shipping. Sometimes that doesn't work properly (like when the USPS website is down) so as a backup plan, you do also have to have the countries you ship to listed in the Shipping Matrix as well, with some prices there. That way if the calculator doesn't work, it still comes back with a price for the customer.

Do you have the UK filled out in your Shipping Matrix, and if so, do you have all the fields all the way across filled in for the UK line?
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I don't know what type of shipping you have specified for this item:

http://dehartconnections.ecrater.com/p/13671861/santa-rosa-wood-and-veneer-board

But it shows up as free to the UK so you might want to look at that individual listing as well.

Also, an off-topic question: Why do you collect sales tax in two states? Are you located in both states? I'm just curious, I've always understood sales tax to be collected in locations where companies have a physical presence. But if there are exceptions to that I'm always interested in learning about how that works.
dehartconnections

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes my UK matrix is set up & running have been shipping to UK for months now
dehartconnections

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks i se this too Regular United Kingdom : $0.00
why is this?? & BTW Im from Mo but our ware house in FLA they charge me sales tax to customers from Fla
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dehartconnections wrote:
thanks i se this too Regular United Kingdom : $0.00
why is this??

What do you have listed as the type of shipping in that individual listing?

Is it "Fixed Shipping to" and then the US checked? I wonder if because there is no option to check the UK if it thinks it should be $0.

It has been my understanding that you could only use that option if you are not shipping to countries outside of the US & Canada.
dehartconnections

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k I solve my mystery the prooduct was set on "fixed Shipping" 99.9 % of the time I use the weight option I ship to the US Canada UK & Aulstr--some reasoon the setting got on 'fixed" THANKS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: