eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

eCrater Order Sale Shows up in Google Checkout not on eCrate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrystalChristmasAblaze

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: eCrater Order Sale Shows up in Google Checkout not on eCrate Reply with quote

I am new to eCrater and have a question.

I received my first sale today, notified by Google Checkout through email. The sale does not show up on my site. Looked under the order tab and it says There are no orders.

Can anyone tell me if I am looking at it wrong?

Thanks in advance.

http://crystalchristmasablaze.ecrater.com/[/url]
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your buyer uses Google Checkout, you only get the notice from Google, not eCRATER, but you should have it in your order file in your admin.

The only thing I can think of is if the order did not originate on eCRATER, i.e. you invoiced the buyer and they paid the Google invoice. If that is not the case, contact eCRATER admin if it doesn't appear by morning. Could be a temporary glitch.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on the sale. It sounds like there is a problem with the API callback URL you entered on Google when you signed up for Google checkout. Here's a link to the topic in the FAQS about Google Checkout that has a screen shot where you add the API callback URL: http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=2041 The screen shot may have changed on Google, but it will give you an idea of what you are looking for. The API callback URL you need to use is shown in your admin section on the page for Payment Options.

Is it possible you are using the same Google Checkout account on another website? If so, you may have the information from the other site in the API Callback URL section. If that's the case, the information from Google regarding the order was sent to the other site who ignored it because it wasn't for their site. You can use the same GC account for multiple store ON eCrater, but you have to have different GC accounts for different sites.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:

Is it possible you are using the same Google Checkout account on another website? If so, you may have the information from the other site in the API Callback URL section. If that's the case, the information from Google regarding the order was sent to the other site who ignored it because it wasn't for their site. You can use the same GC account for multiple store ON eCrater, but you have to have different GC accounts for different sites.

Sheilah I used the same Google checkout account on ArtFire as I use for my 5 eCRATER stores with never a glitch. AF has dropped GC now but only because ProPay made them a better deal for AF. There was nothing wrong with GC.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat wrote:
Sheilah I used the same Google checkout account on ArtFire as I use for my 5 eCRATER stores with never a glitch. AF has dropped GC now but only because ProPay made them a better deal for AF. There was nothing wrong with GC.
I know it has been stated over and over on the forum that the same GC account can be used in all your ecrater stores, but you must have a different account for a different site. This information is also posted in the help files for Google Checkout on the Google site. I have no idea how AF worked with GC and I haven't used GC on any other site. I was just repeating the info given in the forum many times and I confirmed the info at one time with eCRATER CS. I guess you were just lucky, but it isn't recommended. Also, you were using the GC account set up for eCrater on AF. Wouldn't that be different from using a GC account set up for SomeOther site on eCrater? The site here needs the info from GC to show the order on the order page, to mark the order paid, to send the email regarding feedback and to reduce inventory. If the API goes to a different site, none of the above would be triggered in eCRATER and you would see the problem the OP posted.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but you must have a different account for a different site.

You need a diff. GCO account for another, non-eCrater site only if the other site requires Level 2 integration. ArtFire did not require Level 2 integration (when it had GCO). Neither does Addoway (if I'm not mistaken, I haven't checked recently).

The site here needs the info from GC to show the order on the order page, to mark the order paid, to send the email regarding feedback and to reduce inventory. If the API goes to a different site, none of the above would be triggered in eCRATER and you would see the problem the OP posted.

With Level 1 integration, there is no API callback URL, as it works here on eCrater. The order info is sent from the marketplace to the seller, who then must go to GCO to process the order. I have processed many orders on other sites (that use Level 1 integration) using the same GCO acct that I use here at eCrater. Works fine.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use inventory control here. On AF it was automatic. When I started on AF I just inserted my GC account merchant code. There was never any confusion. I got notice of new sales on AF from AF and then I still had to go to my GC account to charge the purchase since I do it manually.

Side note: when I signed up for Bonanza I never could get GC to work.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: