eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Bulk Uploader

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lifeandmoviemagazines

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Bulk Uploader Reply with quote

Hello, just signed up with ECRATER. I put together a spreadsheet with approximately 60 items. Within a few hours, the status changed to
'Passed, with errors'. The error says there was an issue with the header line. But, it was never rejected and my items are still not posted. Anyone know how long it takes to have them posted to the site using the Bulklister?

thanks!@
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
BruinBrakeCable

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi lifeandmoviemagazines!

I am in the same boat, I uploaded about 96 objects and it passed with errors. I uploaded Thursday night and I am still waiting. I emailed support and they told me everything is fine, so I'm just patiently waiting my turn.

I did read somewhere here that it takes time to bulk upload based on the server load. Some people might be ahead of us which is why its taking longer than normal. I've read that it could take a few days.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the problem is server load as much as it is people load. Part of the bulk upload process has to be manually completed and eCrater has a small staff. This delay is why most of us on the forum find it quicker to manually list the items unless your spreadsheet is huge. If you already have your descriptions written in a database, it's mainly cut and paste plus the duplicate button really speeds the process.
BruinBrakeCable

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sheila,

I didn't realize how long the bulk uploading took. I only have 96 items at the moment, so i think i'll just manually load them up. Will that mess up the bulk uploader? or do I just delete them once they show up?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once they show up, I think most people's upload ends up in a my ebay category anyhow, at least that is what I have seen on other's stores as I did mine all maually. With 96 items you can definitely list them yourself and personalize them to ecrater much faster since you will have to go through your upload and do that anyhow. I mean doing things like taking out references to bidding, auctions, and the like since all we have here is buy now stores. You will be able to get each listing into the correct category you want as well.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BruinBrakeCable wrote:
I only have 96 items at the moment, so i think i'll just manually load them up. Will that mess up the bulk uploader? or do I just delete them once they show up?
I would strongly suggest you NOT add them manually at this point since your bulk upload was sent last Thursday. You might want to contact eCrater and ask their advice. Since they have to manually do part of the upload, I'm sure they don't want to process your upload only to have you delete it. At this point, it may be quicker to wait for it to process. Now, if you are going to be adding other items that are different from the items on the bulk loader you could be adding those while you wait.

There are 2 "bulk uploaders" available on eCrater. The eBay loader brings all your items from eBay and adds them to a single category called eBay. This category can not be deleted, but it can be renamed. The original bulk uploader works from a spreadsheet, places your items in the global categories/subcategories and store categories/subcategories you list in your spreadsheet. The items from the eBay loader normally require alot of editing, but is a quick way to move all your items from eBay to eCRATER when they are not in a spreadsheet. The original bulk loader is handy for those folks still on very slow dial-up connections because they can get everything ready on their computer and just send the file.

A gentle reminder for those accustomed to using a bulk loader to update your inventory, you can NOT do that on eCrater. The uploader can only be used for new items.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila is correct.
lifeandmoviemagazines

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila:

Do you know the approximate average wait time for bulklister processing?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: