eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Wallet badging

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Google Wallet badging Reply with quote

This has been discussed before, but here we go again ...

The absolute quiet for the past few days caused me to take a peek to see if my listings were still visible. The fist one I went to was my old standby 'LEGO 7171'. Sure enough, it is still appearing (in the middle of the crowd) but with no shopping cart badge next to it. At the top of the list there is a check box that would appear to show only those that accept Google Wallet. Clicking on that box excludes all the sellers. I should be there. A few of the other sellers should be there. Anyone know what's up with this ?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to know what's up with that too. I did a check and it appears that the same things happens with me too. When I check that box to show only merchants offering google wallet, my items disappear as well. I'd also love to know why, whenever we search for our items (because I checked out some other sellers too), how come none of the ecrater sellers store names ever appear in the section that allows you shop by store name only. It only ever shows stores from ebay, etsy, amazon, and other places. Never any ecrater shop names featured there.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
how come none of the ecrater sellers store names ever appear in the section that allows you shop by store name only

Try doing this search: Simplicity 8744 You should see ecrater sellers both in the organiz search and in shopping and in the list of stores off to the left which I think is what you are talking about.
kathys

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the little shopping cart icon: According to google it's a trade off; you need to link your items to an ADWORDS account. That's the catch.

My dashboard says:

Google Checkout badge: Not Eligible

(The Google Checkout badge will appear next to each Product Search result linking to http://kathys.ecrater.com/ .)
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kathys wrote:
For the little shopping cart icon: According to google it's a trade off; you need to link your items to an ADWORDS account. That's the catch.

My dashboard says:

Google Checkout badge: Not Eligible

(The Google Checkout badge will appear next to each Product Search result linking to http://kathys.ecrater.com/ .)

OK, I just checked my Google Checkout Dashboard (at Checkout -> Settings -> Badging). Mine says ... "Google Checkout badge: Active".

But it also has a URL there that is pointing to my store URL, and not to the eCrater marketplace URL. So I go to Google (organic) and see what I get back for a URL.

This time I see a Shopping widget in the right sidebar. Clicking on 'more choices for ..." leads me to the Shopping entry page. Clicking on the "5+ sellers" gets me to the collated results page. There I see 10 results. Mine is there (with no badge), so I clicked on it. It takes me to the eCrater marketplace URL (which as far as I can remember is the normal behavior for a feed URL).

Wild guess is that this is a URL conflict. It used to work anyway, but now it does not. None of the 10 sellers on the collated page had a badge. This may indeed be an issue with Adwords. If so, either no one on that results page is participating, or something is broken.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: