eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Order in Pounds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
handcraftedawarenessjewelry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Order in Pounds Reply with quote

I rec'd an order from the UK and it is in pounds not dollars. What have I set up incorrectly and how do I switch it so that it will appear as dollars in my paypal acct?

Thanks for the help.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a a UK store orders from it will show as pounds. You must go to PayPal to approve the sale and then PP will ask you to choose how you want the money. They then convert it for you or let you keep it in a pounds sterling account.

You can't do anything about the orders in pounds unless you opt out of the UK site.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you weren't aware that you have a UK store you might want to check on this because you probably have an Australia store as well. The UK one pays in pounds and the AU one pays in AUDollars which is how they should work. You can set PP to convert the money automatically as the other poster mentioned and you may want to check that your shipping rates are set correctly.

The AU and UK stores are automatically opt-in when registering to sell here, but many sellers miss this until they get a sale from them, many of which have either free shipping or wrong shipping amounts on the paid invoice. Last month a third of my sales came through them (other sellers have varying success with them) so if you can handle having them, it can possibly really help your bottom line.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: re: Orders in Pounds Reply with quote

Thanks MaggietheCatsMeows, as I didn't know that I had the option in Paypal to have it converted. I did see where it asks me to approve but didn't know what it does from there.

I knew that I had both a UK and an AU store and thought I had it set up the correct way; guess I best go back after this order and see where I'm off.

Again, thanks for taking your time and explaining this so well.

Blessings of Peace & HOPE
Very Happy
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
The AU and UK stores are automatically opt-in when registering to sell here, but many sellers miss this until they get a sale from them, many of which have either free shipping or wrong shipping amounts on the paid invoice. Last month a third of my sales came through them (other sellers have varying success with them) so if you can handle having them, it can possibly really help your bottom line.
This is not exactly true. If you open a store and do not add UK or AU to your shipping zones, you have no products on either international site. Your store name is reserved on both sites and if someone actually typed your exact store name in a browser for either site they would see the reserved store.

On the Account: Options page in the admin section there is an item "Do not auto convert prices in other currencies" which is unchecked by default. IF THIS IS LEFT UNCHECKED, when you add the UK or AU to your shipping zones your items have their prices converted to GPS and AUD and they are added to the UK and AU sites. The shipping is also converted by eCrater. If you later remove the UK or AU from your shipping zone chart, the products stay active on the other two sites. You must run the global editor to delete the prices (which deletes the items) for each site.

IF YOU WANT TO SELL TO THE UK OR AU FROM YOUR US STORE AND DO NOT WANT YOUR ITEMS ACTIVE ON THE ECRATER UK OR AU SITES, you must check "Do not auto convert prices in other currencies" BEFORE you add the UK or AU to your shipping zones. (Of course, if you didn't see this first, just run the global editor twice (once for each store), check the Do not auto convert box, then add the UK and/or AU to your shipping zone chart. NOTE: Make sure you have added some form of shipping, either the shipping matrix or some form of international shipping selected in the USPS calculated shipping.)

For additional information see these two links here on the Community Board.
FAQ >Selling in UK http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=28803
FAQ > eCRATER Australia http://community.ecrater.co/viewtopic.php?t=28917
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't exactly sure how all it worked since I signed up for both stores immediately when they became available but knew that if they didn't get things set up correctly, problems happen. Many of the new sellers complain that they get orders in not only the foreign currency but also complain of the free shipping with them. Perhaps it has been two separate issues I keep seeing, and they run together in my head. Embarassed

The important thing is for all new sellers to check if they have the UK and AU stores and if their shipping is configured correctly which was only the message I was trying to get across. Thanks Sheila for explaining it more correctly.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you MoonwishesStore for taking the time to post an answer to the ? I had. I do appreciate it. Yes, it is a bit confusing. I at least had shipping cost posted but realize that both the selling and the shipping are off a bit so now I can fix all of that.

SheilaDeesPostcards, I do appreciate that response you posted as well and gave me another avenue to make sure is correct.

Thanks again for the help.... Very Happy
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: