eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Please Help With Shipping

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldhamiltonbooks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Please Help With Shipping Reply with quote

I am new here and very confused with setting up shipping. I want to ship to Alaska, Hawaii and the mainland. Currently my listing shows just the mainland and Canada. I would like to remove Canada (for now) and I am trying to add the other two. The area is grayed out on one side and I just cannot figure out how to do this. Any help would be appreciated! My store is on hold until I learn how to get around here

Wink I am an immigrant from the bay!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to shipping zones in your admin and only check US mainland, Alaska and Hawaii. Then fill in your choice of shipping methods just for those 3 locations.

If any other location is checked in the shipping zones and someone clicks buy from another country, you will be giving them free shipping.
oldhamiltonbooks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
Go to shipping zones in your admin and only check US mainland, Alaska and Hawaii. Then fill in your choice of shipping methods just for those 3 locations.

If any other location is checked in the shipping zones and someone clicks buy from another country, you will be giving them free shipping.

I have tried that and nothing works. I click on Canada, then click remove and update. I must be missing something else because nothing happens
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked your one book and when you check shipping, it does say that you don't ship to Canada so you must have gotten something right.
oldhamiltonbooks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I managed to get Canada out but I still can't get Alaska and Hawaii in.

I don't see a check list. I have two boxes, one with zones and the other with selected zones. In between the two boxes are an Add & Rem button. The box with selected zones is grayed out. It does have alaska and hawaii but they are not showing in my listing.

I am skipping the matrix for now. Razz
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if you put an Alaska zip code in there (I used 99502), it shows a shipping amount.
oldhamiltonbooks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecheapskirt wrote:
But if you put an Alaska zip code in there (I used 99502), it shows a shipping amount.

Oh, then I guess something went right. I guess I'll just add a note to each listing.

Thanks to all who replied!!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I can think of is that you are required to ship to the 50 states so that is a given and may be the reason something is grayed out.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCrater!
oldhamiltonbooks wrote:
Yes, I managed to get Canada out but I still can't get Alaska and Hawaii in. I think you are trying to get AK and HI to show on the item page in your store where it currently says US-Mainland. If that's correct, it can't be done. The customer will see US-Mainland and the link (more destinations). When they click on the link they can see the price once they enter their zip code. This allows sellers to use one service in the mainland and a different service for AK and HI. On eCrater, shipping to AK & HI is required.

I don't see a check list. I have two boxes, one with zones and the other with selected zones. In between the two boxes are an Add & Rem button. The box with selected zones is grayed out. It does have alaska and hawaii but they are not showing in my listing. At one time the shipping zone "chart" had check boxes and one either checked or unchecked the box. I think it's much more clear with the current system.

I am skipping the matrix for now. Razz
You might want to reconsider skipping the matrix. Listings do not end on eCrater, but postal rates do change. If you use the shipping matrix, you only have to change the matrix instead of editing every item. Also, if you ever want to ship internationally (other than Canada) you will need to use either the shipping matrix or the USPS calculated shipping. If you did not add correct weight originally, you will need to edit every listing. My suggestion is to try to look long-range with your shop so you don't have to back-track. Also, if you want to ship to the extend US shipping locations, that has to be handled as if they were international. I have good customers in many areas like Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Mariana Islands, Guam, etc. The shipping cost is the same as the US.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: