eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Does Google Check-out convert funds for overseas orders?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KATOKATAYAMA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Does Google Check-out convert funds for overseas orders? Reply with quote

I havent decided to sell anything overseas to the UK and Australia yet,but I was wondering if GCO will CONVERT funds for orders that a seller made from the UK,and AUST,into American Dollars???
Also,I heard that GCO can be used in a few other countries too,but,I dont think a seller can sell to other countries with GCO,unless Ecrater has set itself up for those other overseas country's also?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To use GCO in other countries you need to have a bank account with their currency in those countries.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a bank account with currency in any country outside of the US, and I get orders via Google Checkout all the time from Canada, UK, and Australia. Google charges me 1% for each "cross-border" purchase, per their website:

Quote:
Orders from buyers whose billing address is outside the country of your Google Checkout account will be assessed an additional 1% processing fee. Cross-border orders are noted within your account on the Order Details page.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two ways to use Google checkout as a seller.

1. You can accept GCO if you live in the US or have a US dollar bank account. Buyers in many countries can opt to pay using GCO. It is not as widely available as PayPal but most countries that will see your store can use it to pay.

2. You can also invoice someone in most any country using GCO. Google charges in US$ and the buyer's credit card company makes the currency conversion. You never see a foreign currency in your account.

If you sign up for an AU or UK store, you cannot use GCO as a checkout method for those stores. They see your items in their local currency and pay in their local currency. PayPal makes the exchange or you can keep it in an account for AU or UK currency.

Remember that buyers in other countries might see your items on eCRATER.com, .AU, or .UK. So if someone in UK sees your items on the .com site, they can pay using GCO but you only see US$ in your account. If they see you on the AU or UK site, they must pay in that currency and you have to authorize PP to convert it.

Sometimes people in the US will see and buy your item on the UK or AU site and go through the currency conversion. I've not had that experience but some here have so I'm not sure what happens with those conversions.
[/img]
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, I am not thinking well today, thanks for clarifying.
KATOKATAYAMA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Google CO Currency conversion Reply with quote

Thanx for your fast answers as always!! good luck with your sales!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sometimes people in the US will see and buy your item on the UK or AU site and go through the currency conversion

Just had a Canadian buy something from my AU store and paid in AUD on PP. Have had numerous US buyers buy through the UK or AU site and pay through PP with that countries currency so the money is being exchanged twice. One of the reasons that I specify in my thank you-item being shiiped email the three different store.

I have however gotten many payments from international buyers through GCO including I believe Norway.
KATOKATAYAMA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: currency conversion Reply with quote

A SUPER THANXXXXXX for your answers to my currency conversion question... Chloe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: