eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

GCO with other stores

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xeqtr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: GCO with other stores Reply with quote

I have GCO with another store and I want to have it in my ecrater store as well. I am confused about the correct procedure for this and haven't seen any info in the forum about it. Can someone help?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: GCO with other stores Reply with quote

xeqtr wrote:
I have GCO with another store and I want to have it in my ecrater store as well. I am confused about the correct procedure for this and haven't seen any info in the forum about it. Can someone help?

I'm not sure what you mean by "procedure." Setting up GCO for eCrater is covered in the FAQ forum thread "Solutions to Common Questions - GOOGLE CHECKOUT."

If you're asking whether you can use the GCO acct from your other store at eCrater, the answer is maybe. If the other site has full (Level 2) integration, you will need a new GCO acct specifically for eCrater. If the other site has Level 1 integration, then you can use the same GCO acct at eCrater...but eCrater requires the API callback URL (explained in the FAQ above).

So far you have only 1 item in your store. Before you go farther, it might be a good idea to read eCrater's terms so you can see that the only information that should go in the product listing is about the product itself. Not about inventory, promotion, shipping policy, payment policy, feedback, customs, etc. That type of information can go in store Terms and/or FAQ. There are also no "wins" on eCrater, as it is not an auction site.
xeqtr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx for info F&F. I am setting up stores on 5-6 different websites to market my items. I have just completed the first where I have GCO integrated. It is my intention to have GCO and CBA on all my stores. If my understanding is correct, I will need 5-6 different accts for all my unique API callback URLs? I am not sure what level the the first acct is, whether level 1 or 2.

BTW, the item in my store is there so I can have an active store, but I have not finished the editing on it yet. Stay tuned for that. Smile

Thx again for the help.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is CBA?
xeqtr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GCO = google checkout and CBA = checkout by Amazon
xeqtr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, this is straight from sources at CBA.

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us.

I hear your concern regarding this issue.

I am sorry to inform you that, currently only one website can be associated with one "Checkout By Amazon
account. However, if you have more than one websites, you can create multiple Checkout By Amazon accounts and associate each of your website to them respectively.

For more information, please use the below link:

https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdui/business/resources#cba

Thank you for selling with Amazon,
Mohammed R.

Amazon Payments Technical Account Management
============================================
For additional help with Checkout by Amazon, visit http://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/5033
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xeqtr wrote:
It is my intention to have GCO and CBA on all my stores.
Checkout by Amazon is not available on eCrater, nor can you invite customers to use that system.
eCRATER Terms of Service wrote:
- Do not invite the users to pay through payment methods not supported by eCRATER.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are wanting to open up multiple stores on ecrater, you can use the same Google account for all of them. You'll only need seperate Google accounts for each store if you are going to be opening up shops on other venues in addition to ecrater. I use one Google account for all of my ecrater stores, and paypal for the stores outside of ecrater.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may also want to think about whether you are planning on trying to sell the same stuff on each of these different sites as I think google frowns on that when showing search engine replies.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xeqtr wrote:
Thx for info F&F.

You're welcome.

xeqtr wrote:
I am setting up stores on 5-6 different websites to market my items. I have just completed the first where I have GCO integrated. It is my intention to have GCO and CBA on all my stores.

You cannot use Amazon's payment processor on eCrater. The only electronic payment options supported are GCO and PayPal.

xeqtr wrote:
If my understanding is correct, I will need 5-6 different accts for all my unique API callback URLs?

If the site requires a callback URL, then yes, you must open separate GCO accts for each site...with a diff. e-mail address. If the site does not require a callback URL, you can use an existing GCO acct.

xeqtr wrote:
I am not sure what level the the first acct is, whether level 1 or 2.

The level refers to the site's integration of GCO...not to the GCO acct itself.
xeqtr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx to everybody who has written to me. I have learned a lot in the last couple days.

MoonwishesStore
Posted: 10 Jun 2012 17:43 Post subject:
You may also want to think about whether you are planning on trying to sell the same stuff on each of these different sites as I think google frowns on that when showing search engine replies.

I had not thought about that either. But that makes very good sense. Everybody has been very helpful. Kudos to all.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xeqtr wrote:
MoonwishesStore

I had not thought about that either.

Two things on this. The prohibition against duplicate content applies to Google Product Search only. Not Google web search. And the language of the Google Product Search duplicate content guideline is open to interpretation, as has been discussed here a number of times.

That said, the issue may become moot given that Google Product Search is converting to a paid-only listing service this fall...and I don't know if our eCrater stores will still be fed to Google Product Search.

This is just my experience, but I sell on 8 online venues simultaneously...same products, with nearly identical listings. I have carefully chosen venues so that I don't fly smack in the face of Google Product Search policy...but I don't let the tail wag the dog, either. If you want to sell on multiple venues, it's your choice...but it helps to have a rationale for why you've chosen the venues (as opposed to indiscriminate carpet bombing) and what they do for you as a seller, along with being aware of Google Product Search policy.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FoxAndFish wrote:
xeqtr wrote:
MoonwishesStore

I had not thought about that either.

Two things on this. The prohibition against duplicate content applies to Google Product Search only. Not Google web search.

Actually, Google says it does affect their web search algorithm:

http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=66359
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecheapskirt wrote:
Actually, Google says it does affect their web search algorithm

In my memory on this topic is this snippet from "Demystifying the duplicate content penalty" at Google Webmaster Central Blog at http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2008/09/demystifying-duplicate-content-penalty.html : "There's no such thing as a duplicate content penalty." Which came up in a forum thread at http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=23802 , one of several where this issue has been discussed.

There may well have always been a duplicate content policy for Google web search, which may or may not have been enforced...and it's also possible that the Panda update in 2011 brought this issue more to the fore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: