eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Being harassed by competitor
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Last Updated: 9 May 2012 17:12:24 PDT

Yeah, it looks suspended.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be all those identical pictures? The gadget looked like the right thing, but my breadmachine needed the gadget that those gadgets sat on as it had broken. Hubby to the rescue and fixed it for me and I was back in the pizza business. Those little paddles probably get tossed out accidently but I would have never thought to look at a place on ecrater for a replacement that's for sure!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is amazing how many companies selling parts and bits and bobs like the OPs are on eCRATER. When I looked at the store I was sort of taken back by the photos till I read the titles. I have found a few things here like vacuum cleaner belts and coffee maker pieces. For a small company it is a great economical presence online. You don't really need a glitzy website with dancing girls and flashing lights to sell blades for a bread machine.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
It is amazing how many companies selling parts and bits and bobs like the OPs are on eCRATER. When I looked at the store I was sort of taken back by the photos till I read the titles. I have found a few things here like vacuum cleaner belts and coffee maker pieces. For a small company it is a great economical presence online. You don't really need a glitzy website with dancing girls and flashing lights to sell blades for a bread machine.
You are so right, but eCrater does have rules about what you can list. If you have one model blade that fits a Widget Model 10, 20, 30 and 40, you can't have the same blade listed 4 times when it's the same blade, same photo, same description even if the titles seem to be different.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's interesting. Because I've sold two or more of the same item in different sizes with the same image, just different size in the title and the description. You are saying that is not allowed?
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecheapskirt wrote:
That's interesting. Because I've sold two or more of the same item in different sizes with the same image, just different size in the title and the description. You are saying that is not allowed?
No, that is allowed, and for a time was encouraged. Recently I found text at Google that said that multiple sizes on one page was acceptable (although I suspect they meant only where there was an active widget that lets the customer select a size). eCRATER does not have support for that type of widget, so one size per page is the rule here.

The item you are selling is actually a different item based on the size. The bread machine blade (mentioned above) appears to the be the same item, but used in different model machines. In that case, there should be only one listing.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The item you are selling is actually a different item based on the size. The bread machine blade (mentioned above) appears to the be the same item, but used in different model machines. In that case, there should be only one listing.

Yeah I think it should have been widget #xxxx for use in Abc, 123, and xyz brand & model # machines. I would certainly think it would be much simpler as well.

I too use the same picture for each different size of a pattern. For a while we tried to take a different one for each size, and it took so long and trying to write out file names for each of them just about made my head explode! So after a few months we quit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: