eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Anyone else having a problem with the preview in admin ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clydesbarn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Anyone else having a problem with the preview in admin ? Reply with quote

Hi,
I have not had a problem before but all of a sudden after adding a product or modifying I hit "preview" and it just sits and finally displays "The connection was reset The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading. ". But I can go to store by typing in my url. I use Firefox but it acts the same in IE.
I am also having problem navigating live site categories button. I can see categories by clicking pictures but not button.
Is this a non ecrater issue ?

Thank you in advance for your help.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been having this problem on the forum and on Facebook. No other places. I've had the problem for several weeks now. Every once in a while it eases and then comes back.
clydesbarn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat wrote:
I've been having this problem on the forum and on Facebook. No other places. I've had the problem for several weeks now. Every once in a while it eases and then comes back.

Hi,

Thanks for replying. Are you having the problem tonight ?
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't clicked on anyone's link tonight. That is the only place it happens to me. Clicking WWW.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hubby added a new program a bit ago and since then we have had trouble with everything. This morning I couldn't get on line until he fiddled with the computer for 1/2 hour. Otherwise I don't have problems and I've been doing LOTS of listings lately and checking previews.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Firefox as well and just was working in my store, clicking Preview often and things were working fine on my end. Sorry I can't be of more help!
mensnewandalmostnew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else having a problem with the preview in admin ? Reply with quote

clydesbarn wrote:
Hi,
I have not had a problem before but all of a sudden after adding a product or modifying I hit "preview" and it just sits and finally displays "The connection was reset The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading. ". But I can go to store by typing in my url. I use Firefox but it acts the same in IE.
I am also having problem navigating live site categories button. I can see categories by clicking pictures but not button.
Is this a non ecrater issue ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

I am having the same problem when trying to post new items. I have not been able to post for the past 2 days. I use FF. I put in all the info. needed for my item and when I hit add or add and exit it says the same thing that you have said above. "The connection to the server was reset." Everything else is working for me, I just can't post any items and I am trying to set up a new store. I sold here just fine a few years back. The past 2 times I have tried, I had to just shut my store down because of problems. Now this time, another problem. What gives? Any help would be appreciated. Everything else, everywhere is working.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else having a problem with the preview in admin ? Reply with quote

mensnewandalmostnew wrote:
Any help would be appreciated. Everything else, everywhere is working.

Could be an issue related to your browser.

What browser are you using ?

What version is the browser ?

Do you have cookies or javascript disabled ?

Are you running any Virus detection or firewalling software that might be interfering ?
mensnewandalmostnew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else having a problem with the preview in admin ? Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
Any help would be appreciated. Everything else, everywhere is working.

Could be an issue related to your browser.

What browser are you using ?

What version is the browser ?

Do you have cookies or javascript disabled ?

Are you running any Virus detection or firewalling software that might be interfering ?

Hi,
My browser is FF 13.0.1
I do have cookies enabled but cleared them and my cache
I am running Norton 360 but never had a problem before.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have an answer, but I'm also using FF 13.0.1 with Norton 360 ver 6.2.1.5 and I'm running Win XP. I've had no problem with adding new items or with the forum.

Once in a while on the web, eCrater included, I'll click on a button or link and the little icon in the Tabs will go in a circle longer than I think it should. Past experience tells me when that happens, I'm probably not connecting to the page. I just click on the link or button again and the connection goes through quickly. I've thought probably it was just a momentary glitch. Maybe that's whats happening with your connection. If it keeps happening, I'd write customer service and let them know what's happening. Be sure to include when it happened (date, time, time zone), what you were doing, what version of Windows, browser and security system.
mensnewandalmostnew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
I don't have an answer, but I'm also using FF 13.0.1 with Norton 360 ver 6.2.1.5 and I'm running Win XP. I've had no problem with adding new items or with the forum.

Once in a while on the web, eCrater included, I'll click on a button or link and the little icon in the Tabs will go in a circle longer than I think it should. Past experience tells me when that happens, I'm probably not connecting to the page. I just click on the link or button again and the connection goes through quickly. I've thought probably it was just a momentary glitch. Maybe that's whats happening with your connection. If it keeps happening, I'd write customer service and let them know what's happening. Be sure to include when it happened (date, time, time zone), what you were doing, what version of Windows, browser and security system.

Hello, Thanks for replying. I found last night that it is my FF 13 browser. I tried I.E. and it worked perfectly. I am trying to find something to fix FF as this is my browser of choice. I cleared my cookies, cache, etc. but cannot find anything else to do to correct the problem. Will keep looking and hopefully find something.
mensnewandalmostnew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:

Hello, Thanks for replying. I found last night that it is my FF 13 browser. I tried I.E. and it worked perfectly. I am trying to find something to fix FF as this is my browser of choice. I cleared my cookies, cache, etc. but cannot find anything else to do to correct the problem. Will keep looking and hopefully find something.

Its me again.([url]Men's New And Almost New[/url]) After looking all day on the web, I finally went to the firefox help. I eventually found some kind of update for the FF 13.0.1. After installint it, everything is back working correctly on mine. Thanks for your help and replies. One more question. How do I get my Url on here?
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is already listed at the bottom of each post, just click on WWW button. But here is the clickable version: http://mensnewandalmostnew.ecrater.com/
mensnewandalmostnew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I see it now. Why didn't I do that to start.....Thank You and have a great day!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: