eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Accepting Payments From the UK and AU?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Golf-Pride

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Accepting Payments From the UK and AU? Reply with quote

Is there a separate Google Wallet Merchant ID and Merchant Key for the UK and AU?

In "Administrative Tools" on the "Payment Options" page it's asking me for:

UK Merchant Id:
UK Merchant Key

Can someone please help me with this. My orders from the UK are coming in as COD. Right...

Thanks so much, JJ
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not positive, but I don't think you can use Google Wallet for UK and AU if you are in the US. Just Paypal.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Accepting Payments From the UK and AU? Reply with quote

Golf-Pride wrote:
Can someone please help me with this. My orders from the UK are coming in as COD. Right...

Thanks so much, JJ

Go into Payment options/methods and turn off COD. Then turn on the types that you would like to accept. For non US orders, you may be limited to PayPal. You can accept Google Checkout/Wallet, but to do so for the UK you would need a UK bank account that accept deposits in GBP (and then figure out how to repatriate those payments back to the US).
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to accept PayPal for UK and AU stores. At this point in time Google Wallet for UK stores is only available to those with UK bank accounts.

If you don't want to accept PP then you can only accept mailed payments which is very risky on international transactions not to mention time consuming. For sure you want to remove COD as an option.

I've had no problem using PP to process international orders. Their commission is slightly higher than for US transactions but not much and I'd rather have the sales than risk other forms of payment.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can however get paid for purchases from most countries in US $$ through Google Wallet if you have Google set up for your US store. I've had international buyers from all over buy using google but only through the US store. The UK and AU stores, you have to have a bank in that country to accept payments in that country''s currency. PP is available and will convert the currency for you for your UK and AU stores.

For goodness sakes, get rid of that COD!!! You especially don't want to deal with that for a foreign order. I also don't advertise Money orders or personal checks (won't take personal checks at all) and will only accept Money orders from here in the US. When my UK store first opened, at least half the orders came in saying they would send a MO, then I had to tell them that it had to be in US funds, etc. and never heard from them again. Finally it was easier to just take the MO option down as well. I have the occassional buyer ask to use MO and I handle that on a case by case basis.
Golf-Pride

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the the replies. I'll add PayPal. I'm not sure why the UK orders come in as COD because it's not an activated option, only Google Wallet.

Appreciate everyone's help. I need to spend some more time around the forum to learn the ropes better.

Regards, JJ
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Appreciate everyone's help. I need to spend some more time around the forum to learn the ropes better

That is a very wise thing to do. Too many sellers don't and then run into problems.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golf-Pride wrote:
I'll add PayPal. I'm not sure why the UK orders come in as COD because it's not an activated option, only Google Wallet.
COD is the default payment method and you had not turned it off. When you added the UK and AU to your shipping zone and left the "Do not auto convert prices in other currencies" unchecked, your inventory items were added to your UK and AU stores in GBP and AUD. Since you have a US based Google Wallet, COD was the payment option. Also, by not having an electronic payment method in your AU and UK stores, you had Google ads on your item pages and your items were not eligible for Google Shopping on the UK or AU sites. Once you add PayPal this will be corrected.

The answer to most of your questions regarding eCrater can be found here in the forum. If you can't find the answer, just ask. And, welcome to eCrater.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: