eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

how long does ecrater take to respond

View previous topic :: View next topic  
walkersteals

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: how long does ecrater take to respond Reply with quote

Yesterday I contacted ecrater as it appears they have suspended my store.
I would like to know what I did that caused this.
I figured you guys could probably not be able to help with this problem.
I made the following changes yesterday:
I was advised by another seller that I should not have anything about credit cards in my "terms" text. I was greatful for this advice and immediately took all terms of payment "out"
I was also advised (wisely) that my DVD's should be marked as such. I proceeded and put DVD in front of all the items. Could it be that I made my "titles" too long?
Lastly, I added 2 categories - Ladies Jewelry & Men's Jewelry.
Prior to this. I had a few items in the "Celebrate US & Jewelry". I changed the category to "Celbrate America" only and then added the 2 jewelry categories.
If anyone can tell me what I did wrong, or how long before ecrater will let
me know so I can re-open your advise would be appreciated
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you selling copyrighted items, or copies of same? I can't see your items but your categories are vague enough that I can't get a true picture of what you are selling.

As for how long eCRATER takes to respond, they have a very small staff and it depends on how many people are in the queue ahead of you.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you still say you only ship to the US Mainland in your terms. I would presume that would mean you are still out of compliance. It is my understanding that ecrater store sellers must sell to all 50 states.
walkersteals

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st - all the items were ok, even listed on ecrater. I order my items from dropshippers. Also, thank you for advising me last time regarding your address. I found out you were a Canadian Seller from looking through the "Help Topics" which I always try to do before bothering you guys.
It just seems to confuse Buyers. They think their items are shipped from Canada, that is why on my home page I have stated "all items shipped from USA".

2nd - I ship to US Mainland "free" for Canada there is a charge.

Thanks again guys, your replies are appreciated.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walkersteals wrote:
1st - all the items were ok, even listed on ecrater. I order my items from dropshippers. Also, thank you for advising me last time regarding your address. I found out you were a Canadian Seller from looking through the "Help Topics" which I always try to do before bothering you guys.
It just seems to confuse Buyers. They think their items are shipped from Canada, that is why on my home page I have stated "all items shipped from USA".

Thanks again guys, your replies are appreciated.

But you know that Alaska and Hawaii are states, right? So you have to ship to them as well. Your terms say you only ship to the Mainland US.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walkersteals wrote:

You need to reword that to indicate the shipping charges that do, or do not, apply to AK and HI. It must be clear that you ship to all 50 states.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The category changes shouldn't have had anything to do with the suspension.

If your titles become too long, they will tell you and not load the listing until you are incompliance with 100 characters in a title which is a whole lot more than some places allow. So you never would be able to load titles that were too long and get suspended that way.

So as far as I can tell the only thing that could have caused the suspension is the reference to other payment forms and the US mainland shipping (which in most peoples mind doesn't include our 2 other states). You have to be clear that you ship to ALL 50 states even if you can't afford to ship for free to HI and AK as sometimes, depending on your shipping class, their is a surcharge.

And we had already mentioned, I believe, that the ecrater staff is small before and when we say small we mean it! Last I knew there was only 4-5 of them. Could be a few more as they don't tell us, but most of us when we have a question have the same couple of folks answering them, BUT when you do get an answer back, it isn't a canned response that means absolutely nothing. It is a real response directly to the point of your question. Especially if you sent a question in on the weekend, it may take a couple of days to get your question answered.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: