eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

home page setup

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lifeandmoviemagazines

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: home page setup Reply with quote

Hello All:

I'm very excited to be here, with my new eCrater store.

I sell vintage LIFE and Movie Magazines from the 1930s through the 1950s.

http://lifeandmoviemagazines.ecrater.com

Have a few questions. I'd like the home page to show 'featured categories' with links going to all items sold in that category. Right now, I have 'random products' showing up. I cannot find how to accomplish this, does anyone know?

Also, I am unclear as to how to fill in the META TAG, META DESCRIPTION and META KEYWORDS fields. Can anyone help with that.

I created the FAQs, but there is an up arrow at the end of each question. i've tried various things to eliminate those arrows. anyone have success?

Thanks so much in advance!

regards,

alan
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: home page setup Reply with quote

lifeandmoviemagazines wrote:
I'd like the home page to show 'featured categories' with links going to all items sold in that category. Right now, I have 'random products' showing up. I cannot find how to accomplish this, does anyone know?

See FAQ forum thread "Categories," which has an entry about featured categories.

Also, I am unclear as to how to fill in the META TAG, META DESCRIPTION and META KEYWORDS fields.

Have you clicked on the question mark icons in the Edit Text Option for each of those for more information?

I created the FAQs, but there is an up arrow at the end of each question. i've tried various things to eliminate those arrows. anyone have success?

They cannot be removed. They lead the reader back to the top.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The things about Meta tags, etc. is something that helps with search engine optimization so if you don't understand after clicking on the question mark, do an internet search to find out more about these important boxes. There should be plenty of info out there written by the computer 'nerds'. Very Happy
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: