eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I am amazed!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ALLMYCLOSETS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: I am amazed!! Reply with quote

Was checking out google and some of my items here on eCrater are listed BEFORE eBay items!

Good job eCrater!!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your search is relatively narrow, lots of ecrater items will place ahead of ebay. Moreover when you click on an item that is supposed to be on eBay, it doesn't take you to the item you are looking for but a general category that may or may not contain the item you are looking for.

It's like when you opt to search in title and description. Say you are looking for a marble plum, ebay will pop up every item that mentions plum whether it is plum color or a hill-billy describing an item as plum purty. I've got to be desperate before I'll click on an ebay link when searching google.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
TheCookieLadyCafe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: I am amazed!! Reply with quote

ALLMYCLOSETS wrote:
Was checking out google and some of my items here on eCrater are listed BEFORE eBay items!

Good job eCrater!!

I am sure that it has something to do with the way this site is crawled...in addition, the keywords and tags here are not overshadowed by the addition of info Ebay tacks on to what comes out of their site. In otherwords...eCRATER is smarter than eBay and that's a Good Thing!

Just my 2 cents.

Josh, Jordy & The Cookie Lady…Proprietors: Purple Puppy Paws Products
ALLMYCLOSETS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

I agree with you both.

eCrater is the place to be!!

Very Happy
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Google finds results in both eBay searches and eBay item pages. I imagine it's the same with eCrater?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: