eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

A Community section to ask for advice or value of items

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: A Community section to ask for advice or value of items Reply with quote

I would love to have a community section on ecrater reserved for sellers to post a pic and what they know about an item and see if other more learned ecratorians can fill in the gaps. I have a closet full of items that I can't even list as I don't know how to list them and others I am sure have quite a lot of value and if I don't list them intelligently I'm not going to attract a buyer willing to pay the price.

Since most people love to show how smart they are I think it would be a very popular column as I know I'm not the only one with questions about items. It would also be a good place to list links to good information sites.

Right now I'd love to communicate with anyone who knows about:
African-American momentos from the Victorian era
and
German language books from the Nazi era (not a controversial book that would be banned) Please don't respond in German. I don't speak it.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
TheCookieLadyCafe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: A Community section to ask for advice or value of items Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:

Since most people love to show how smart they are I think it would be a very popular column as I know I'm not the only one with questions about items. It would also be a good place to list links to good information sites.

Right now I'd love to communicate with anyone who knows about:
African-American momentos from the Victorian era
and
German language books from the Nazi era (not a controversial book that would be banned) Please don't respond in German. I don't speak it.

Not so smart myself Wink Have you GOOGLED the type of items that you are questioning? I believe that like any product for sale on-line that if it is on Google you can do a price and description comparison. If you need to be more thorough, Ask.com often provides more on items like the German Language books...Amazon.com, as well, makes a great resource for that search.

Just my 2 cents.

Josh, Jordy & The Cookie Lady…Proprietors: Purple Puppy Paws Products
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a nice idea, and you can get a general idea of pricing by asking in a forum, but your best bet is to do research on the internet, it's where you'll be able to find the most definitive information there is.

Anything collectible, I'd not only google it, look in both the SERPs and Base, but also head for Ruby Lane http://www.rubylane.com/ and TIAS http://tias.com/

I would also suggest that you research Ruby Lane sellers by how long they have been there - if they are long-term sellers, chances are good they know how to price their antiques. I think you can fairly well trust TIAS pricing, they're the #1 antique seller on the internet, and very strict with their seller policies.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been as far as I can go with vague wording. If you don't know what to call an object and it has no label or markings those sites don't offer much help.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abebooks.com is a good source for researching books (as long as someone has what you're looking for for sale).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: