eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Feed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sewthrifty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Google Feed Reply with quote

When I log into my store, I get a message "Fix your Google Feed to bring more traffic to your products!" It shows:

Item is not valid
examples:
Mickey Mouse Figure and Name on Shades of Pink Background Cotton Fab
Deer and Fawn in Grass Brown, Green, Gold Cotton Fabric 37"L x 44"W
Tigger and Roo with Hop Bounce Jump on Turquoise Background Cotton Fa
Multi-color Smiley Faces on Black Cotton Fabric 10 1/2"L x 19"W
Green White Moons and Yellow Purple Stars on Black Cotton Fabric 3

It does not tell me WHY these items are not valid. Does anyone know what I need to do????
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you tell us the attributes you are supplying for a few of those items.
sewthrifty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brand, format, mpn, size, style, color. Sometimes gender (princess fabric for girls) and year (if it's printed on selvage).
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these copyrighted images and logos?
sewthrifty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are fabrics, patterns & notitions that I take pictures of and upload. My logo image was given to me by a friend who said he created it......
Since the problem seems to be with fabrics, I don't see how copywrite can be a problem.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sewthrifty wrote:
brand, format, mpn, size, style, color. Sometimes gender (princess fabric for girls) and year (if it's printed on selvage).

you are missing the UPC to make it valid
sewthrifty

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the info. I don't have UPCs on any of my items as they don't have one. Can I just make something up?
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sewthrifty wrote:
Thank you for the info. I don't have UPCs on any of my items as they don't have one. Can I just make something up?

No. If you are supplying valid brand & mpn, that should make up for the lack of upc.

I took a look at one of the fabrics...

http://sewthrifty.ecrater.com/p/15300188/blue-background-white-dots-red

then switched over to the market place view

http://www.ecrater.com/p/15300188/blue-background-white-dots-red

My impression is that the description is lacking. Not sure that that is enough for Google to complain, but still.

Back to the attributes... what VALUES are you supplying ? Use the one I linked to above as the example.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sewthrifty wrote:
Item is not valid
examples:
Mickey Mouse Figure and Name on Shades of Pink Background Cotton Fab
Deer and Fawn in Grass Brown, Green, Gold Cotton Fabric 37"L x 44"W
Tigger and Roo with Hop Bounce Jump on Turquoise Background Cotton Fa
Multi-color Smiley Faces on Black Cotton Fabric 10 1/2"L x 19"W
Green White Moons and Yellow Purple Stars on Black Cotton Fabric 3

It does not tell me WHY these items are not valid. Does anyone know what I need to do????
The first thing I would do would be to write to eCrater CS to see if they have any more information from Google regarding the problem.

Could you pick one of the titles above and copy your attributes from your description here for us to see? It would make it much easier to help if we knew what you were listing. BT mentioned UPC, but you are only required to list two and Brand with MPN would be fine. Everything except media, books, apparel and "custom made" require two of the following brand, mpn, or upc. If you are adding brand you need to add mpn or upc also.

sewthrifty wrote:

Google has rules on how color is to be added. Here's a copy of Google's information:
Quote:
Please do not submit two versions of this attribute per item.

This defines the dominant color(s) of an item. When a single item has multiple colors:

* Combine them with '/' in order of prominence (dominant color first, then accent colors). For example, a black shoe with green accents should have a color value of 'Black / Green'. This attribute can also be used for finishes as well (e.g., 'Mahogany' vs. 'Stainless Steel').
At one time we could add multiple values for an attribute by using a comma between, but they are picky on how color is to be listed. You also say you add gender. Google only accepts Male, Female, or Unisex so anything else would not be valid. I know Year has been discontinued from a statement in the Google information pages and it has been removed from our eCrater list. I think eCrater simply ignores year when added.

Sewthrifty, were the only items flagged your fabrics? Do you cut these yourself, or were the sizes pre-cut by the manufacture? If you cut them yourself, I would think they would be "a custom made item" and exempt from the attribute requirement. Of course you would need to get an exemption, but that may be the best way to proceed.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the link to the listing that Cosmic pointed out, what I see as a sewist myself is this. You are selling by the yard, but are also putting the total yardage in the 'description'. So there is a problem with what are you really selling. Some customers are going to miss the blurb that you are selling by the yard and expect the 2 yards 12" of fabric. Also the 'silky cotton rayon blend is not sufficient of a description for most. I would want to know percentages of each fabric such as silk 10%, Cotton 60%, rayon 30%. Also washing instructions, etc. virtually everything that would be on the label at the end of the bolt. I would guess it is your listing with two different measurements that are a problem with your attributes or whatever it is. You sell by the yard and in quantity when listing, you would have 2 (not sure if you could put 2.3) so the customer can put in the quantity they want when checking out.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: