eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

anybody own pets here?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
goldfashionmine

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: anybody own pets here? Reply with quote

dogs? horses?

what kind of pet do you have?

i used to have a black lab.

i miss having a dog Sad

when i go out and see little puppies, my heart feels a tingling and yearn for a small dog.

but i know i can't so i just admire other people's dogs... Sad so sad...

i really like the schnauzer, maltese, mini pinscher...

i had to resort to getting this, because i don't have a dog!!!!!

i found an old pic of my lil doggie....so sad so sad :_( miss her....

i'll post more when i find more pics....

anybody know what kinda dog she is?

Last edited by goldfashionmine on Tue May 20, 2008 12:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
countryestate85

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have always had way too may pets and presently am down to just a few:
I have three American Saddlebred horses - stallion, mare and gelding
Have an old 12 yr Dachshund, 1 very cool cat, don't know exact age but have had her 13 years and three birds - Scarlett Macaw about 23 yrs, Moluccan Cockatoo about 28 yrs. and an African Grey Congo about 10 years.
Also have another cat that hangs around here and a raccoon that someone raised and dumped off.
Reason why I sell online is so I can stay on my horse farm and enjoy them. I also have about 20 other horses and ponies here but they aren't mine.
If I had the money and the time I would have a few more dogs and I just bred my mare so will know in 2 weeks if I will have another horse next year.
Did I say a few?
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a cat-lover. I really like all animals but get a bit fanatical over cats. My current love is sleeping behind my head on the back of the sofa. I had been ten months without one before I got her a year ago. My fingers were getting itchy for cat fur. She came from a no kill shelter where she had been languishing for a year. I expected her to take some time to adjust. Didn't take a minute. The second I let her out of the carrier she was home.

As a renter my life is dictated by places that accept cats. Now poor Cash is plagued by a white she-devil that lives down the row. Yesterday I had to pull her off Cash twice. Best way to scare her off is to shake a purple magnetic duster at her. That duster hasn't been in the utility closet since I moved here 15 months ago. She knows where I keep it and all I have to do is reach for it when she is throwing herself at the patio door and she takes off. That's the power of "The Color of Purple."
namebrandkiddos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had to have my 12 yr old Lab Molly put to sleep.
I have a Chihuahua puppy,a African Grey Parrot and 2 Parakeets.
EtchingsandCollectibles

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One black & white schnauzer poodle mix. Very spoiled.
She is a rescued dog, extremely smart with a heart of gold.
Her previous owner was a drug dealer on his way to do a long time away.
The local authorities asked us to take her (our previous dog had just passed from cancer). A dog pound scenario would have broke her heart and spirit.

All our prior animals have been rescued one way or another from the streets.
noadi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 dogs, 3 cats, 4 goats, 2 rabbits, 3 fish, a bantam hen, a gecko, and a llama.

I'd say the answer is yes. ^_^

For the record if you count past pets you can also include parakeets, mice, a gerbil, a guinea pig, horses, a cow, more rabbits, dogs, and cats, and even a ferret. My family can not refuse an animal in need of a home if we have the space.
PetsAdored

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pets are great companions!

If you like animals check out my store.
I know I have a ton more to list but it's a slow process.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One EAster when I was a kid, my uncle gave us each a baby duck. The next year he gave a a black lamb. By then only Donald was still alive and he began mothering the lamb. At night they slept curled up together under a maple tree in our side yard.

A couple years later we adopted a motherless racoon. Zorro had a large wire cage but he soon learned to let himself out. After his first escape and return we stopped worrying about him. He not only could open the trap to escape but would return and pull it closed after himself.
angusgeneralstore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three little Chihuaha's and yes, spoiled rotten. Smile
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One Weimaraner - adopted from a friend of a friend who was going out of town for a month and then moving out of state. She answers to a number of names including Goofy Dog. She has us very well trained.

And then there is the doe. She and her off-spring have been on the property since before we've owned it. She and the kiddies range quite a distance. Once the kids grow up, they seem to move away. It seems every year she produces twins. She has figured out that Goofy dog can't get to her, so she wanders by, feeding along the way, not the least bit concerned about our hunting dog (who at the same time is literally going crazy) or by our presence.

There are pairs of doves nesting at the end of the driveway. And some of the largest squirrels you have ever seen! I haven't seen Woody the Woodpecker (he looks a lot like the cartoon) recently but I've heard him. And when the weather gets warmer, at night we'll hear the owl.

I don't 'own' any of these wild creatures but if they weren't here I'd miss them.
kawaiibobo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 dogs, 2 cats, 3 birds, and an aquarium (and I want a hamster!) Smile Love them all!
yellowrose

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: anybody own any pets here? Reply with quote

Yes! I have the sweetest little daschund mix. She is absolutely adorable and smart. Her fur is so soft. She loves to cuddle and puts her little head on my shoulder.

The other day she got out. Something happened to my gate after a storm the night before. The latches would catch. I knew it was windy but not windy enough to blow the gate open. Later, I put my little dog outside. Sometime later I looked out and the gate was wide open. I ran out calling her and didn't see her. My heart was pounding and I was shaking. I ran back inside and grabbed my purse and keys and two chicken strips and ran down the street. (I thought I may have to get in my car and try to find her). She was about three houses down on the other side of a car. I asked her if she wanted some chicken strips and held them out for her. She came right to me and I was able to get her. (I chose to do it that way because sometimes if you run to them, they may run the opposite way - so I hear).

Anyway, I got my baby back and now have two heavy big rocks against the gate so it won't open. I think it must have swelled during the storm?

I don't know what I would do without her. She is such a good little dog. All kinds of terrible things were running through my mind....her getting ran over, someone getting her and not returning her and on and on with visions of what could happen so I am very thankful to have her back.
LindasDollClothesandCollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a cat, Sam. He is a 13 year old Norwegian Forest Cat, his picture is on my store page. He's spoiled rotten. I also have a 4 year old Dog, Brandi, she is a black lab and chow mix, very protective and does not like people, can't have anyone come over unless I lock her up. Now that I moved to the country and have more room, I'm going to get another dog and maybe some cows.... Very Happy
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two cats, Bonnie and Clyde. They were left at our house and were mostly wild. They will not let anyone else get near them but my husband and myself. I also have a cockateill, Nicki. We had to have our 15 year old Pomeranian put to sleep a few months ago. She was really sick. I don't know if we will get another dog or not.

Joyce
goldfashionmine

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really enjoy reading all of your posts Smile

the raccoon opening and closing itself in the cage...

and the dog that was put to sleep Sad

i had a doberman who also had cancer and was put to sleep...it was sooo sad when you're so attached to a pet....and they have to die like that...

makes me reminiscent....

i will try to post a pic of one of my dogs that i no longer have Sad

but hey i just remember that i have birds and squirrels around that do real funny things in my garden...so they are like pets that don't need much care. but are there for my viewing enjoyment.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: