eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New Store!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abbysplace

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: New Store!!! Reply with quote

Hi Everyone! I have just opened a new store in conjuntion with my ebay listings! Any comments or assistance would be appreciated! I seen to get alot of hits on my items but have yet to have an order. Any suggestions?
abbysplace.ecrater.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER.

I looked at your store and found a lot of problems.

1. Both titles and descriptions lack enough key words to bring in buyers.
The hits you are getting as a new seller are from spiders and bots crawling new information. They are not from real people.

2. Your photos are almost without exception hazy. I kept feeling like my screen was dusty or my eyes had a film over them.

3. Your logo has a lot of type and it is so tiny I have to guess that it is even words. You really only need your name very legibly written and a symbol or picture to make it more attractive.

4. You don't seem to know about glass. You have some pieces that look like American Brilliant and some that look like pressed or molded glass and you are calling them all lead crystal. I have that exact same candy dish and it is molded inexpensive glass, not lead crystal.

5. What is Sellebrity Analytics? That is tacked on to a lot of your descriptions and no explanation what it means.

6. You have a lot of typos or spelling errors.

7. Many of your items do not give measurements.

8. One piece of pottery has a huge long url to read a description of it. Since there is no html allowed here, it is not clickable and no one is going to try to retype that long string into a browser.

9. Check your shipping choices. USPS flat rate boxes will not hold that candy dish unless you use one that is way too large. The 6x6x7 priority box will fit it and would be about half to one third the cost even if you are shipping all the way across the country.

Your store needs a lot of work but the bones are there. Just needs a bit more attention and polishing.

Cute dog however.
abbysplace

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... I did not realize it was that bad Sad I have gone in and made some changes including the logo. I do not know where those strings ate coming from. I assume they are from me linking my site so I would hate to remove them if that's the case.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't use HTML here, so no linking is possible. Livesandloves, is giving you great advice, the more key words you use, the greater chance of your items showing up in a search. You want to bring people straight to your store, make your description as if there is no photo to refer to. Use height, width, material, whatever accurately describe that product. Good luck.

Stop and look at your store as a buyer, use the preview button to see how it looks.
abbysplace

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will do that. And I do appreciate the advise. I just did not realize how much I would need to fix.
hocadobi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go through your store and pay attention to everything that livesandloves has given you - for your benefit, certainly not as a negative critisism. Also be sure to revise your home page text to reflect what it is that you sell - you can refer to other store home pages to get the idea. Those item words get picked up by searches. Also be sure to fill out your terms page, otherwise your store looks like it is incomplete, or that the owner is not minding the store. Be sure to use a spell checker and correct some of the spelling.
At any rate, a big welcome and best wishes. Come back for a follow up when you have addressed all of the helpful and caring suggestions and advice that others have kindly given you.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need to set your camera up to medium or high quality.After I click they are not big enough to at least fill the screen.but It will take longer to upload them.

and like said, the logo is small, do the same thing but put your type to the side width, to fill out the max width and should look pretty good.

I like the ducks

and glad you joined, the more the better
AlmostAntique

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, lots of little things just need some tweaking. Especially the spelling. And although your dog picture is super cute. I don't know if that is a good choice for a home page picture. Many people are allergic to dogs and that may cause them to avoid shopping at your store thinking that the items may be stored or have pet hair on them. Just my two cents worth. Maybe a picture related to what you are selling may be better. Welcome and I wish you the best here at Ecrater..

In addition, a potential customer won't even be able to read your very fine print logo. The words below are very hard to read. IT is very cute with the flower but somehow you need to get your name bigger. And right at the bottom of your home page text are the words "MSN Business Directory" I think you may want to go and check your home page text in your admin page and delete that from there. It doesn't mean anything and I don't think you intended for it to be there did you?
abbysplace

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Some updates made! Reply with quote

I have changed my logo and home picture. As well as changed some of the wording on my listings and checked for spelling errors. I know I still need to retake some pictures(now that I have fixed my camera lol) and add some measurements. Is the new logo and home page picture better?
thewrightbiz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Key word search? Reply with quote

PurpleButterflyJewlery wrote:
You can't use HTML here, so no linking is possible. Livesandloves, is giving you great advice, the more key words you use, the greater chance of your items showing up in a search. You want to bring people straight to your store, make your description as if there is no photo to refer to. Use height, width, material, whatever accurately describe that product. Good luck.

Stop and look at your store as a buyer, use the preview button to see how it looks.

When you write the more keywords you use....do you mean Google attributes?
thewrightbiz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: Some updates made! Reply with quote

abbysplace wrote:
I have changed my logo and home picture. As well as changed some of the wording on my listings and checked for spelling errors. I know I still need to retake some pictures(now that I have fixed my camera lol) and add some measurements. Is the new logo and home page picture better?

Question to all --
Abbey, how did you get your prices to show on the home page with the products? Do you only have a few items?
If you all look at my store, there are no prices on the home page, there are categories, and I wonder many times if I categorized my items correctly.

Abbey, why is the FAQ empty? That's very helpful to sellers.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrightbiz Abbey hasn't assigned featured categories to her home page so she is showing random products.
abbysplace

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will fill in the FAQ's today! Thank you for catching that. I am unsure why my prices show and yours dont. I just fill in what is required when adding a product. And no I have tons of items to sell! I just wanted to fix what I already have listed before I add more items!
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK ok you can hate me, but now your logo has a too dark of background, and I think you can add to the height of it.Now I am not a professional, but download my logo for a size template,As you can see in the forum, even though my logo is scrunched down so tiny, but you can still read the letters.

Way back in a art class, one thing they said is to use the full area of the paper size.Even these TV commercials or movies they have this microscopic print within a huge screen area and just kills me to see that, lol.........

but now you have black on purple, is very hard to see, a logo in my opinion should be seen without having to look at it, type of thinking.
sort of like a T shirt, I don't want to walk up and "read" a T shirt.

I think I liked your first logo better, it was simple and clean it just needed some text tweaking.

rock on !
abbysplace

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Logo Reply with quote

Thank you:) I appreciate everyones help. The logo that is on there now is just temporary. I have my son who is a graphic design artist creating a logo for me:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: