eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Shipping by % of cost

View previous topic :: View next topic  
meljensdesigns

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Shipping by % of cost Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I have read the FAQ for shipping help, and I found this awesome thread that seems it would work for what I need...
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=16049

The only thing is my shipping costs would be set up differently because they are different values. I am going to be using a wholesale dropshipper that charges me based on my wholesale total. All retail prices are about double what the wholesale cost is.

Here are the values ...

48 US states
UPS ground - 25% (WS total) - $8.95 minimum shipping charge

Hawaii & Alaska
USPS airmail - 60% ("") - $19.95 ""

I am HORRIBLE at figuring shipping costs, so I have no idea what to do with this or how to set it up in the matrix.

Thanks in advance for your help & suggestions. Smile

(Please note that my ecrater store linked with this account name is not the shop I will be using, I have not set up a shop yet.)
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on the weight of an item, going by cost is tricky and I've never liked paying for shipping that way. For an example I have 2 patterns one will sell for $8 and the other a rare vintage one $100. They both weight the same when it comes to shipping and I would pay for insurance (less than $2) when shipping the $100 pattern. Would a customer really want to pay $2 for shipping the one and then $25 for the other? I know I wouldn't.

Granted this isn't of any help to your question, but something to keep in mind. How I do shipping is way different than you will be able to. Hope some of the other drop shippers will junp in and help you.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actual shipping is based on weight and volume so you will have very lopsided shipping rates if you go this route. Your hobby may end up being figuring out your drop shipper. And I think I've got problems trying to use the matrix.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: