eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Shipping w/tracking to Canada/International

View previous topic :: View next topic  
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Shipping w/tracking to Canada/International Reply with quote

I don't often ship International but today received an Amazon order to Canada. Perhaps someone who sells International can tell me the best way to avoid charge backs etc since Tracking isn't available with International shipping.

Back when I was shipping more International packages I use to send my customer a copy of the Online Label Record. I would have it date stamped by my postal clerk. (kind of like the Certificate of Mailing sold by the USPS) In addition I would always insure the package.

Also received an Amazon email asking if I would ship this cookbook to Poland. Insurance to Poland is available from U-PIC but not from Shipsurance. Does anyone ship to Poland?

Thanks for your help....
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have shipped to Canada, Germany, and Australia and the tracking info was every bit as availble to those countries as if I shipped within the 50 states. I even recieved emails when the packages arrived. USPS Priority.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shipped a bunch of CDs to Poland that my son sold at ebay without a problem. I think I sent a pattern there as well. I've only ever had problems with Italy and I had too many to keep ignoring them.

The customs sticker number will be tracked as far as the international sorting warehouse, so you at least have that to show to your customer.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get tracking if you are willing to pay for it. If you are shipping books, unless they are rare and valuable, it is probably not necessary. You will have your post office receipt which will show the destination and date etc. as proof of mailing.

Whether any tracking other than courier is reliable is a moot point once it leaves the US or any country for that matter. The rules that apply in the country of mailing do not necessarily get followed once the package leaves the country.

Although USPS does not acknowledge this, and I have asked and been given either/neither answers, the copy of the customs form you fill out should help in tracking if the package goes astray. Once I sent a package to Japan only to get an emergency email from the buyer next day that she had entered an incomplete address. I sent her the number on the customs form and she located her package at the main post office in Tokyo.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't have tracking showing it delivered and they make a PayPal claim against you, you will lose your money.

So be sure if you use a service that doesn't have reliable tracking (for example, First Class International, which is rarely scanned once it leaves the US), be sure to insure the package, so you can recoup your costs if it is not delivered.
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone as your information was very helpful! Very Happy
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: