eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Share your Pinterest Page
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reminds me--if you follow someone's boards, do all their products start piling up in a feed somewhere with constant emails that could annoy other followers? Not that I don't want to help promote my fellow sellers, but I learned the lesson with Facebook backlash. I don't immediately see that issue with Pinterest on my side, but that doesn't mean it's not out there somewhere to slowly building a "cache" clogging up someone's mailbox. I much prefer the "weekly" approach than "daily"
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dccollectibles wrote:
This reminds me--if you follow someone's boards, do all their products start piling up in a feed somewhere with constant emails that could annoy other followers?

I have Pinterest set up to turn off ALL email notifications so, I don't get any emails from them. There is general section that you see when you login to Pinterest which is like a news feed section that shows all of the pins recently pinned by everyone you follow. You don't get notification alerts every time someone pins something, only when someone repins something of yours or starts following you. All of the pins go into a centralized news feed like location where you can browse through them all at once and simply skip over the pins you don't care much for.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All of the pins go into a centralized news feed like location where you can browse through them all at once and simply skip over the pins you don't care much for.

It is in this area, I have found pins of people I know I'm not following. They will pin the same item 4-5 times and then someone else that I'm not following will yet again pin those same pins 4-5 times each and then someone else did the same thing. It was really weird. Especially since what they were posting had nothing to do with the board that they had posted on. Like they would show recipes on a knitting board! Haven't seen them around for a while and I sure don't know what people doing this hope to gain from doing it.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:
All of the pins go into a centralized news feed like location where you can browse through them all at once and simply skip over the pins you don't care much for.

It is in this area, I have found pins of people I know I'm not following.

That's odd, I only see pins from people I'm not following if I search for a specific term or category in the main Pinterest search area.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we are talking about different things? If I go to Pinterest by inputting their url, I see the people I am following newest pins from the last day or so plus info on who has pinned things from my board, etc. Which is why it is weird to see identical pins one after another by a couple different pinners that I know I'm not following. I have rarely done an actual search in Pinterest to look for something specific.
treasures4you

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone:

http://www.pinterest.com/treasures07/
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my preferences set to show all repins and new followers. That way when cleaning out my mail box, if I have a few minutes I can click on my latest repinner and see what they pinned, pop over to their page and follow them if I want to.

I think I had another pin featured the other day. It got something like about 50 pins in 1-2 days. I'm 4 followers from hitting 800 followers! been exciting to see those numbers climb and even more fun to keep finding more and more neat stuff to pin and give me ideas. My patterns are get lots of repins as well Very Happy
justjeannie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Here is my pinterest link...

http://www.pinterest.com/jjean7/
ppbshop

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my pinterest site: http://www.pinterest.com/ppbshop/boards
Will follow all of you!
justjeannie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Pinterest Reply with quote

Following all that are listed....
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Pinterest Reply with quote

Just curious as to what's going on because every time someone says they started following everyone on a Pinterest, Twitter, or Facebook list of some sort, I get skipped over every time, even though pinterest says you are following me. Must be a glitch.

Last edited by tigercreekgifts on Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just curious as to what's going on because every time someone says they started following everyone on a Pinterest, Twitter, or Facebook list of some sort, I get skipped over every time.

Tiger, I wouldn't take it personally, nor waste my time checking it out. Instead work your Pinterest site organically. On mine I want people following me that are interested in the things I am pinning which inevitably means they are also going to be interested in the types of things I sell. If they aren't, they aren't a pinner that is really going to help your Pinterest following grow as they wouldn't be repining your pins.

I think over the years, I got tired of the 'you follow me, I'll follow you' approach to social media or even selling on line (where sellers advertise only to the others selling at the same place).

Not saying it isn't nice to have followers from here, but to go through all these pages and try to pick up everybody that is on the list is time consuming and I'm not at all convinced of how beneficial it is. just my opinion.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Not saying it isn't nice to have followers from here, but to go through all these pages and try to pick up everybody that is on the list is time consuming and I'm not at all convinced of how beneficial it is. just my opinion.

No, your right about that Moon! When I first started out on FB and Pinterest it was nice to exchange a few likes with some of the other sellers as a "You help me and I'll help you" type of thing because everyone starts out with little to no followers. I guess what I'm saying is that, over the last several months I feel like I've got enough new daily followers to where I no longer have to follow people I'm not even interested in just to get those likes in return so, I quit doing that. And no, it doesn't do much good for your business to follow a bunch of people just to be "nice". You need to be picky and choosy about the things you like, pin, share because the goal is to not be greedy and focus solely on your own products 24/7 but, you also don't want to direct more attention to everyone else's items than your own.

Now, if I follow you, it's because I actually want to and I guess it just irritates me seeing the newer sellers going around adding everyone they see just to get follows and likes in return. For anyone new, you don't have to tell me you liked my page when you really didn't, in hopes that I'll follow you back. Only like my page if you are genuinely interested in it, and I'll do the same. No offense against anyone here, it's just like I said. Me & a few other sellers did mutually like one another's pages when we first started out to help promote one another but now, I can't go around following everyone that follows me or else my newsfeed could get crowded with stuff I'm not even interested in. And when I do help promote another seller here, I only promote those that have items I am interested in that are not in direct competition with me, and those with 85% pos or higher feedback.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I only promote those that have items I am interested in that are not in direct competition with me, and those with 85% pos or higher feedback.

I think that is one of the biggest problems with the 'follow me I'll follow you' thing. It is one thing to follow a seller that has feedback and participates here so that you 'know' them and you know what they sell is beneficial, but to willy-nilly follow every newbie because they ask us to, no way. I want my followers to be able to trust people that I Pin and if I can't why ask others to?
MelissasStuff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: My Pinterest Reply with quote

I would like to make a public board for Ecrater and Pinterest users to share their store items. If anyone is interested let me know so I can go ahead and make a public board and invite users. If anyone already knows of a public board for Ecrater on Pinterest, I could just join that one. Thanks! Etsy has a huge market on Pinterest, I think we should get Ecrater going on there too.
http://www.pinterest.com/iaminterested/boards/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: