eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

What if someone lists your item on another site?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TOPPER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: What if someone lists your item on another site? Reply with quote

Would Google consider that a duplicate and kick you off Google Shopping? How would you know of the duplicate? I've seen some of mine listed on other sites.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about someone else that is selling the exact same items that you are selling, or someone that stole your personal listing and copied the information onto a listing they created on another site?
TOPPER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Someone who takes a copy of my listed items Reply with quote

Copies my list and lists them on FB or another site and i do not know them or what site. i spotted at least 2 other sites with my list of items. Nice ad and photos. i hope it works to bring me sales and attract buyers to their site. Google might think it is me doing it. Duplicating....
TOPPER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: The Google Shopping rules Reply with quote

about duplicating will go out the window when Google starts charging for Google Shopping service want they? ... the rules against duplicating...
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topper, people may be liking, your items to facebook, twitter, wanelo, pinterest and god knows how many more social sites. This is good. It is not duplication. That is how the social networks work. Basically what those people are doing is recommending you to their friends.

However if someone is just copying your listings and using your hard work to sell the same items, this is not duplication but plagerism and not very professional. Next time you see one of your items copied like that click on it and see if it takes you to your store or someone else's.
TOPPER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: OK....Thanks Reply with quote

... I needed that....
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Google don't care too much about it. Now if you promo your items in Squidoo. You post can be banned to go online if their system detects a duplicate post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: