eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How can we make our items invisible from eCrater UK & AU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paper-plastic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: How can we make our items invisible from eCrater UK & AU Reply with quote

Hello eCraterers. We are in Canada and our store is registered with eCrater USA.

First question: How can we make our items invisible or not purchasable by people outside Canada and the USA?

Some time ago, three customers from the UK bought from us and paid without including shipping costs before we had the time to send them PayPal invoices that included shipping from Canada to the UK. They thought that shipping was free to the UK. Apparently, our "shipping free to Canada and the USA" was shown as "shipping free to the UK" in eCrater UK, even though we had limited our shipping zones to US-Mainland, Alaska, and Hawaii only. We had to return the payments to those customers and explain what happened.

Subsequently we found out that our items are seen as "shipping free" to eCrater Australia as well. This is not very good.

eCrater USA's Shipping Matrix does not work for us here in Canada (USA's oz/lbs vs. Canada's grams/kilograms, different weight scale increments, etc.). This leads to our second question:

Is there any way to set shipping costs to the UK and Australia for individual items separately or for multiple items in bulk?

Perhaps joining eCrater UK and using their version of Shipping Matrix would make things a little more compatible for us, as Royal Post's pricing seems to be based on a grams/kilograms system.

As much as we would love to sell internationally, we have decided to put our store in On-Hold status until we get some answers. Sorry if someone has already raised the same question somewhere else. If that's the case, we would be very grateful if you could direct us to the answer. Thanks for your time.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is a common question. When you opened your store, you automatically opened your UK and AU store. If you didn't have any shipping set for those countries when a customer went to buy something they would see 'free' shipping. By the way, it is against ecrater rules to send an invoice to a customer for more than what was showing on your listing as in sending a invoice to include shipping when they have already paid for free shipping. So technically your customer didn't pay zero due to the Canada-US connection, it was because they were buying from your store that said free shipping.

You can set you prices for both your UK and AU stores yourself or ecrater will do it for you. If you don't want the UK or AU stores (at least for now) in your administration page under options you can adjust these. Sheila's Postcards has a very well scripted reply about this so I hope she will copy it here. There are MANY threads about selling internationally using your two international stores, but you don't have to sell through them, it is up to you. Many more threads on how to set your shipping rates. There are a couple of other Canadian sellers here that can perhaps help you since your mailing situation is a bit different than for the US sellers.

Putting your store on hold until you get this figured out is a WISE idea. Taking a few days to figure something out, will save you money in the long run as you won't have disappointed customers or you are out of pocket from having to pay shipping yourself.

Using the UK shipping rates aren't going to help you as you would be shipping there they wouldn't be shipping here to you. A lot of how you set up your rates depends on what you sell, weight, size, shipping needs, etc. and all that needs to be taken into consideration. One of the reasons that some sellers have a second store so that they can have correct shipping prices on a different type of inventory.
TOPPER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: they have the world wide web Reply with quote

why not look on the search and email or buy from eCrater , etc. We can work out the S&H cost/payments.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
why not look on the search and email or buy from eCrater , etc. We can work out the S&H cost/payments.

Don't understand what you are saying here. It doesn't seem relevant to the topic. Perhaps you could expand upon your comment if it would help the OP.
paper-plastic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks to the links given to us, we believe that we have managed to disappear from eCRATER UK and eCRATER AU.

As for our suspicion that eCRATER UK might have their Shipping Matrix in grams/kilograms, it's been proven wrong. British sellers seem to be having difficulties in the USPS-based Shipping Matrix as well.
finickyfinds

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a little tricky but you can set up shipping using the shipping matrix and I'm not sure if I can explain it well enough to understand but I will try Smile

When you choose the weigh scale and it says pounds you can just pretend it is grams and then choose the shipping prices accordingly. I treat each unit as 100g since my items are light.
e.g. most of my patterns weigh under 100 g so in the shipping matrix under weight of 1 - $4.75 (price for up to 100g), 2 - $8.00 (price for up to 200g) and keep adding all the way across for each multiple of item. You need to go right across otherwise if someone buys multiples they are not charged shipping (I learned by experience).

If your items are heavier, some of my patterns are over 100g, then in the listing I put the shipping weight as 2 instead of 1. If you have some very heavy items you might need to treat each unit as kg.

I hope I didn't confuse you more. If I did maybe someone else will pop in and explain it more clearly Very Happy
paper-plastic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello finickyfinds,

Thank you for your post. We got your idea and will certainly investigate that possibility.

We have many different kinds of items on sale in our store, so to begin with we may have to divide them into paper items (which can be shipped as letter if they are light) and non-paper items according to Canada Post's categorization of mail. There is no "one size fits all" way of calculating shipping!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: