eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Multiple Shipping Methods?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragonturtle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been shipping books for a decade now and a lot of my domestic business has been to colleges and university departments and libraries. Unless they need it in 3 days for sure they always opt for media mail. I think they are educated and simply prefer the best rate. When close enough a location with a light enough book I can sometimes send it first class for only a few cents more in which case I always upgrade it for them at my expense. Otherwise media mail has always been the most economical. And you're right that it doesn't always take longer. They quote 5 days but I've had many books arrive at their destination in 2 to 3. Now and then there's a week or more but not often. So it really is the way to go with average sized books. On the whole I love the Post Office, they do a great job and my local ones are good people too.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
dragonturtle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting back to what I think was my original question...maybe I just missed it the first run through since I chose not to use the calculator (rethinking that) but HOW do you list multiple methods using the calculator, I dont remember seeing that option at all.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
To offer the customer a choice of services you'll need to activate the USPS Calculated shipping and choose the methods you wish to use. In admin, go to Account > Options and click the box for Calculated shipping. Click on a service you wish to add in the left box, click the add button and you'll see the service in the right box.
Do this for every service you wish to add, both domestic and international. Just remember, every service you add will be offered to every customer for every item. The only exception I can think of is if you choose First Class it will only be shown when the total weight of items purchased are under the weight limit for First Class. If the weight is over the limit, it will not be shown as an option.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: