eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I need help in getting started selling
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HechtoHouse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: I need help in getting started selling Reply with quote

I have categories listed. I need to know just how to start selling. Or where to go to some online help about this topic.
I have read that a banner is crucial. How do i create a banner, what are the size rules about a banner.
If I get squared away with this i will be able to start listing.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
caljackscollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good place to start would be this forum:
"eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Store Set Up - please read this before you ask questions"

It is the third from the top of the Forum page.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hechto--you have received tons of advice over the past few months (or has it been a year now?). You have been given all the bits of wisdom we are able. YOU have to take the first step and that is writing your about us, your terms, your FAQ, get your logo up and write out a nice welcome on your home page and then list some products, and then open your store and see what happens. I don't know what banner you are talking about--if you are talking about a store logo, you can make that in MSPaint which comes free on most computers I believe or get someone to make one for you in the right size. But every bit of advice needed to open and start selling has been written in these forums, much of it was directed straight at you. Either follow it or find something else to occupy your time.
HechtoHouse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: SURE Reply with quote

I asked a very specific questiomn and you gave me a lecture on what you think of me. I have no idea what much of your rant is about. Another postg a while back said if a Store had no BANNER no one could find it. Thanks for nothing.
If I could do what you spewed, i would.
HechtoHouse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Store set up? Reply with quote

I looked at that and other tutorials. They don't say exactly ho to go to and use a sellingb page. They show how to do stuff that I have mostly done. No selling page, no banner.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Hechto--you have received tons of advice over the past few months (or has it been a year now?).

20+ months, I just checked.

Hechto, please create an actual product listing. Once you have done so, then ask us to critique it.

Last edited by cosmicray on Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
HechtoHouse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: just so things are clear. Reply with quote

For a long time i struggled and questioned on here about the shipping matrix.
Finally i was told I did not have to use it for domestic shipping, US & Canada.
I came back to try and start listing, FINALLY. Just like the trash talkers said i should just go and do. I can't find the place to sell. I am asking for a hint. The tutorials don't have this information either.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: just so things are clear. Reply with quote

HechtoHouse wrote:
I can't find the place to sell. I am asking for a hint. The tutorials don't have this information either.

From your Admin screen, click on Products, then click on 'Add New Product'. When you have filled in all the information, then click on Add and Exit.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no point answering this guy otherwise you might find a nasty private message in your box. Many sellers have been trying to help him-her for 20 + months now. I see no point continuing to give advice to those who won't bother doing a thing with it.
HechtoHouse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Mr. Cosmic racy. I will move forward.
A nasty private message? Look at what you said to me here.
If you want nice, be nice. If you don't want to help DON'T. When you try to stop others, then you being judgmental and NASTY.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hechto House--STOP sending me private messages! I am not trash talking you. I personally have, over the past 20+ months, spent many hours of my time trying to tell you the various things you have to do here, you haven't done a single thing! There comes a time, after almost 2 years, if a person still doesn't understand what to do it, might be time to rethink doing this. I am not being nasty--I'm being honest there is a huge difference. I am not attacking you or being nasty, I'm telling the truth. Maybe truth you don't want to hear, but truth nevertheless. But I repeat again, do not send me anymore private messages like I told you after the first one. If you send me any more private messages I will contact the ecrater team about you.

You asked about a banner and I told you that I didn't even know what you were talking about unless you had it mixed up with your logo. Certainly not something that is the lifeblood of a store. What a store needs is the about and terms pages filled in and some listings started. You have been told how to do this, yet you haven't done anything.
HechtoHouse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: I have been told? Reply with quote

I honestly do not recall being told about terms or about. I never asked about them. Right now i am going to concentrate on putting up items in a On Hold store.
I take too long for your fussy tastes? I was stymied for a long time by the shipping matrix. I also need to make money so i spend a bunch of time listing on two other sites. No matter what your opinion, eventually i will have an active ecrater store. At my own pace.
There are still things I don't fully understand. Elements that are called one name in tutorials and another on the administrative page.
The word BANNER came from a post on this forum.
As far as my abilities, ,I have been selling mail order for a LONG time. Before the internet. I have sold on a number of websites. Some tough to figure out, some far easier. No it is not truth you spout, it is judging someone you have no knowledge of.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HechtoHouse - if you want or need your hand held to get yoru store going ... maybe you need to hire someone.
I know I've done many before
LOL, but must folks don't want to pay my prices and I require 1/2 up front and 1/4 when half is done and 1/4 when 3/4 is done. In other words I want to be paid BEFORE i do anything.

So these nice people are helping you for free
either be nice or they won't bother to spend their time attempting to help you.

HechtoHouse - one more report of a not nice private message and you will asked to leave the forum.
HechtoHouse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Not hiring today Reply with quote

I will not be hiring to start my store. As i decipher some of the mysteries i get closer to starting. At MY pace.
securityalarmguru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say thanx guys for the entertainment.

Guru
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: