eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Very nice writeup in Auctionbytes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> eCRATER in the news
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moondance4me

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:09 am    Post subject: Very nice writeup in Auctionbytes Reply with quote

Just got this in the newsletter, not bad, not bad at all! eCrater shared with another site, but a good mention anyway. It all helps.

http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abu/y207/m04/abu0189/s03

Myra
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
2BOYSandTOYS

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myra - thanks so much for sharing! I agree - decent press for eCrater.

One 'critical' element, IMO, the differentiates the 2 sites is - fraud. I've had an incident with a seller/buyer on another site that I've reported to anyone possible (authorities).

Long story short, this person(s) has now set up under a different name, using OSCommerce to make his site 'appear' legit. So - there is no 'fraud' investigation with OS Commerce nor any way for a warning to buyers/sellers about potentially 'iffy' sellers and/or transactions. Confused

Erin
moondance4me

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So - there is no 'fraud' investigation with OS Commerce nor any way for a warning to buyers/sellers about potentially 'iffy' sellers and/or transactions

Really? I didn't know that, good to know also. I've never been to that site, totally new to me fer shur! It sure seems the amount and number of frauds going on within auction communities has shot up. A true pain for all decent sellers.

Myra
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's the same kind of investigation potential available anywhere else -- it's just that osCommerce is not a shopping site so there's no governing body. It's just software you use for your own website.

Which is what makes that article really odd to compare/contrast it with eCrater... It's like apples and oranges.

The only thing I can figure the writer is talking about with osCommerce is the directory page for their live stores. But osC is nothing more than cart software. Weird.
ljstores

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
There's the same kind of investigation potential available anywhere else -- it's just that osCommerce is not a shopping site so there's no governing body. It's just software you use for your own website.

Which is what makes that article really odd to compare/contrast it with eCrater... It's like apples and oranges.

The only thing I can figure the writer is talking about with osCommerce is the directory page for their live stores. But osC is nothing more than cart software. Weird.

Yes I thought the same thing!!!
There is no comparison..oscommerce is a free open source shopping cart just like zen cart.
silvermoonxtreme

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ljstores wrote:
poopsheet wrote:

Yes I thought the same thing!!!
There is no comparison..oscommerce is a free open source shopping cart just like zen cart.

Zen cart is a revamped version of OS commerce.
2ndappearance

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was REALLY impressed with the AuctionBytes write-up. That surely should bring a lot of new traffic.

I sure hope so....I can use it, seeing that I haven't yet had a sale!

Betty
zenbreeze

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: AuctionBytes Article Reply with quote

It got me to sign up Smile. That's how I heard about this site.

Laura
2ndappearance

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is so cool, Laua! Welcome. I hope you have a gazillion sales. You have some beautiful things.

Betty
zenbreeze

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the welcome, Betty Smile. I have lots, lots more to add.

Laura

2ndappearance wrote:
That is so cool, Laua! Welcome. I hope you have a gazillion sales. You have some beautiful things.

Betty
EverythingNice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for passing that good news along Myra! Wink
2BOYSandTOYS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late to the party - thanks for the clarification about OSCommerce....I thought what you shared - but then thought I was 'wrong' based on the comparison in the article... Embarassed Rolling Eyes

Truly appreciate the clarification and yes....the fraudsters sure make life challenging for honest buyers and sellers!! Confused

Erin
bargainbelles

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Late to the party, but at the right party Reply with quote

Hello, we were on eBay for the longest time, and the profits were continually nibbled away by fees for products that didn't sell. We tried setting up our own website, but the HTML code and shopping cart were just too much for us. So after about six months, in our despair we happened across eCrater. It has truly been a godsend for us. Its only been a month and we haven't had a sale yet, but gosh knows we are trying hard to build a business. The traffic eCrater brings in, combined with our advertising efforts, is sure to pay off eventually.

Mind if I ask how sales are going for everyone else and what the turning point was? Is it particular products or length of time on the scene, or just getting lucky now and again? I know the business will come, but we are surely chomping at the bit to make it happen by offering a huge selection of unique products. Any encouraging words from someone who has "made it happen" for themselves? Thanks!!

Lynn
bacpro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Responce late to party!! Reply with quote

Hi Lynn,

My name is John and I too have had it with ebay stores. Its
just a money pit. I've tried and gotten very little results. Yes
I've sold a few thing on ebay but thought out the years.
I've spent more on fees than anything.

I've had an ecrater store for a few months and
have sold a couple items, nothing too write home about.

But maybe things will get better soon. Wish you some
luck along the way.

God Bless
John ( bacpro)
JSGIFTSTOP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: SALES Reply with quote

I gave up on ebay a long time ago.. its just a losing propesition. There are very very few people that make a living with ebay and even the people that do I would love to see their balance sheet I bet it looks terrible. As far as selling online it is very difficukt to extablish a pressence and you have to understand you are also competing with the big retailers. at least with ecrater you have a chance to establish a niche without going broke. Smile Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> eCRATER in the news
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: