eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Re: Google Payments
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WorldGroceryStoreandMore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Re: Google Payments Reply with quote

I have decided to use Google and remove Paypal for many reasons. I went to Google Shipping settings and added my package sizes with the amount of each package size. However, it has not shown up on my orders yet. Will it when goodle is updated? or what I have done wrong?

Thank for the help.

Betty

www.worldgrocerystoreandmore.ecrater.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't want to set up shipping within Google. You still need to set up your shipping and handling costs within ecrater itself otherwise your customers could get charged double. Same with PP. You can't set up shipping in PP as the customer would get charged twice.
WorldGroceryStoreandMore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monwishes, Please send me your phone number. I am lost!!!

Betty
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I don't talk on the phone if at all possible as it literally hurts my joints my arthritis is so bad. Crying or Very sad

I don't know how you ended up setting up shipping in google, but go back and try to delete it. You only want shipping set up in ecrater. Others have made the same mistake with PP and GCO so perhaps they can tell you how to get out of the mess.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@WorldGroceryStoreandMore

If you want to sell on eCrater, don't use the shipping charts on PayPal or on Google Wallet. Use the eCrater shipping calculations only.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Google Payments Reply with quote

WorldGroceryStoreandMore wrote:
I have decided to use Google and remove Paypal for many reasons. I went to Google Shipping settings and added my package sizes with the amount of each package size. However, it has not shown up on my orders yet. Will it when goodle is updated? or what I have done wrong?
What you've done wrong is setting up shipping in Google. When you add Google Wallet (aka Google Checkout) to your eCRATER store, the information you need is located on the Payment Option tab in your admin. section. In Google Wallet, click on the Setting Tab, then click on Integration. You'll see the information you need to added to your eCRATER account and your eCrater account has the information you need to add to this page. Be sure to save your settings. Next, be sure to check the link preferences, make sure there is a check in the box to get an email when you get an order, and click save.

When you click on Shipping Setup you are taken to a screen where you could set up shipping HOWEVER, the first sentence in the directions say, "These shipping settings will only be applied to cart posts that do not already specify shipping methods." When a customer orders through eCRATER, the shipping method is specified by eCRATER based on the information you have added in your store. We DO NOT have the option to use the Google shipping. Also, if you did have the option, you would be unable to do any international shipping. You need to go back to this link and remove the shipping information you entered there.
myvintagechina

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I followed this post to do my shipping, hope it helps

http://www.squidoo.com/ecrater-shipping
WorldGroceryStoreandMore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila Post Cards, You are so right!! I wrote eCrater and they said that me doing that would cause problems with them and with the buyers. We are only to use their shipping information. So, I had all ready deleted it with the things that many of you wrote me last night. They did suggest that I may would want to choose to use the Shipping Matrix. However, as you said, you are constantly updating that when the P.O. change their rates. Even filling it in for one time takes a long time, but, for the ones that uses it--are you happy with it and does it work correctly? I have Monday off so this week-end I will look at it in depth and see what I think. If I choose to fill it, I would need a holiday week-end to deal with it.
I will appreciate the ones of you that uses it and do you like it to tell me.

Thanks.

Betty
WorldGroceryStoreandMore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Cosmic Ray--for telling me the same thing hat eCrater told me.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the matrix. It works well including combined shipping. When filling it out, once you have your amounts for say international, just do a copy paste the rest of the way down each column as the shipping prices don't change for the most part for most countries. Just watch out for Mexico, Canada, PR, Guam and Virgina Islands. Actually the matrix is one of the easiest things to adjust when the price of postage goes up, otherwise for those that use flat rate, they have to change every listing!
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
otherwise for those that use flat rate, they have to change every listing!

Can you do that kind of change with the global editor ? I really don't know, but it seems like a good candidate for global editing.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can you do that kind of change with the global editor ?

Haven't got a clue as I only use the matrix. Very Happy
WorldGroceryStoreandMore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Not Clear To Me-- Reply with quote

I finally got my Shipping Matrix set up and I think that I will be happy with it.
Now for something else that I am not clear on "31 products are disapproved from Google and are currently not listed in Google Product Search. You are losing traffic! Please add all required attributes and make sure your products are fully compliant with Google's policies. Today I received this message.
I checked several of the listings and I have all the required attributes plus several more. How can I find out the specific reason that each of these 31 products are being rejected.
Thanks so much.

Betty
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've given up on the Google rejected listings. You get them removed after hours and many submissions and a couple weeks later they are back again. Life is too valuable to screw with them.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaggietheCatsMeows wrote:
I've given up on the Google rejected listings. You get them removed after hours and many submissions and a couple weeks later they are back again. Life is too valuable to screw with them.

Not only that, but if you don't pay extra, they won't show up in Google Shopping anyway. So pfffft. why bother?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: