eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Where are my products?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cazamoran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Where are my products? Reply with quote

Hello Well I would describe myself as semi-computer literate I manage to find my way around the net. I have sold on ebay for years and have mastered their site The same goes for ebid But I must say that the more I use this site, the more confused I get! Im praying that someone will write the book 'The Idiots Guide to Ecrater'! I have so many questions I dont know where to start! Ill kick off with some that come to mind I have accessed the ecrater site by typing in www.ecrater.com and have arrived at the home page When I search for my items, some of them come up and some dont, even when I go right into the category and type it as I have in the listing Can anyone explain that? As far as I can tell, I listed the items in the same way. The other thing is that I changed the price of an item which has come up in search, over 24 hours ago now, but it is still showing at the original price. It is possible to change prices is it? Ive also been grappling with URL's for the meta tag feature which I havent filled out yet. Can someone tell me where I would find my URL for my store? I feel all these features could be easier Wouldnt it put some people off, with all the techi jargon? Not everyone would know how to do this I know Im struggling Help!!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cazamoran.ecrater.co.uk/

That is the url for your uk store. I found it by clicking on the www from your post and copying the url that appeared in the bar at the top of the page.

I see items in your store. I can't check accuracy for your edits as I don't know what you made where. Make sure you click update and exit after you make the changes to your listings.

Edits can take 24 hours to show up in your store.
Cazamoran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Well 1 problem solved! Reply with quote

OK Ive worked out one of the problems The thing is that it appears I have a store in the UK and the US Im guessing that when Im logged into the US store and make changes, it only changes in the US store. Which is a bit strange as I would think then, that if I add a product to me store that it would only show up in my products for that country, but seemingly not?? I have no explanation as to why I have the 2 stores. I feel it will probably be more work than I can keep up with Also if I add a product in the UK store, I add the UK price and the very same price shows up in the US store but is considerably less in terms of USD.No wonder I was getting so many hits! If I forget to do the currency conversion I could end up selling for much less than I would want to So, I think it would be best if I closed the US shop. It seems that we are obliged to ship to US here in the UK anyway, but at least it will mean less mistakes for me?? Would that be a wise move, are there any disadvantages? Do most sellers have the one shop based in the country where they live?
Cazamoran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Maggie for that, I believe I need the URL to add meta tags, whatever they are!! Do you have any advice on setting them up? Also as I mentioned in my earlier post, do I really need a store in UK and US? I think I will just cause myself problems and think it best to delete my US store? What do you think?
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cazmo I am not a techy so can't help you with tags etc. You don't have a choice if you want a UK store you will also have to have a US store. If you only want one store, make it a US one with shipping enabled to UK. Your prices will not be in pounds sterling however and US shipping will come first.

Honestly I've never thought about how my edits get transferred to other stores. I edit on the US store and have just assumed they were copied to the UK and AU stores.
Cazamoran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I listed some items this morning just to see what happens. I had to wait until this evening to check it out as things dont show up for a while But what Ive discovered is this, that when I listed via the US site, even though the product shows up on Admin in both countries, that when I do a search via ecrater uk,my items didnt show up, but they are in the US site. So Im thinking, do I have to actually list in both countries, but would that count as a duplication? Isnt that not allowed? I think I may just try that now. Just to see what happens. Im thinking that what I should do is to go to the UK site and use the repeat button. Oh well here goes......................!
Cazamoran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry can anyone tell me what the exclamation mark means at the end of each product listing? Ive got them on nearly all of my products and wondered if theres anything I should be doing?? Is it an alert to something?
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I have never listed on the UK site but when I list on my US site the listings automatically go to my UK and AU sites.

The ! means you don't have your attributes added or they are done incorrectly. There are many topics about Google attributes here on the forum. It is the bain of my existence.
Cazamoran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha! Yes, the same for me! I read some of these posts and it might just as well be in another language! Meta tags, (I know what tags are, but not meta tags!)/ google attributes, and an endless list of others
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: