eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Backward Thinking
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Suspended Stores
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBatCaveOfOz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Backward Thinking Reply with quote

So...if someone at ecrater finds something that they don't like in a store, they can suspend that store, without saying a word, without telling the owner what the problem is, and then the Store Owner has to determine the reason, and fix it and ask for the return of the store?!
What kind of twisted logic is this?!
If you see a problem, simply Say Something!

And, yes...after noticing No views for this month, I have determined that my store is suspended, thank you.

If I KNEW what I did to cause the suspension, I would gladly fix it, but I am Not going to Guess!

^^X^^
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, ecrater doesn't send a notice because they expect you to follow the rules, plus they have a small team. One thing I saw will looking around is that you are asking buyers to email to get a quote for shipping. The site is set up for instant payment...so if I click to buy something and you then ask for more money, that is breaking ecraters rules.

If you choose to not try to fix the problem, please at least delete your store.
TheBatCaveOfOz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of the strange shipping set-up on this site, I merely offer that anyone with concerns ask me first if they are not sure about something. It is impossible to get an accurate shipping cost for an item until you have the exact weight and destination.
That is just one of the many faults with this place.
If I am Not 'following the rules' but am not aware of Which rules specifically, how would I even Know that I am Not following the rules?!
And your assumption that I will not fix the problem is completely wrong. If I know there is a problem, I of course will fix it.

How would you like to have a doctor tell you that you have a terminal disease, but that You have to determine Which one yourself and then come back and ask for medicine?!

It simply a matter of Communication.

^^X^^
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't mean to offend. Sorry. Here are some the terms about shipping

4.4 Content requirements

- Do not include promotional or boilerplate text in your product titles and descriptions. All text should directly describe the product. Texts related to shipping or store policies must not be included.
- Do not invite the users to pay through payment methods not supported by eCRATER.
- Do not direct users to go to other sites to complete the transaction
- Do not upload logo images or other generic images such as "image not available" images for your products.
- Shipping must be set-up in the store to all locations that are selected in the shipping zones. It is not allowed to request shipping or additional costs after an order has been placed. The buyer should have the full cost upon checkout.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sell on several sites and not one has a way to accurately set up shipping. I also buy a lot online and from major sites that pay fortunes to people to establish check out and shipping procedures.

Buyers do not expect shipping to be exact to the penny. They know if they live near by they will pay more than the exact amount because the system is designed either for an average shipping for the country or for the furthest destination from shipping origin.

Sellers include costs of packaging, insurance etc in the shipping fee so shipping is more than postage. Companies have contracts with shippers and get preferred rates, small sellers do not.

How are your buyers to know to ask you for a shipping quote? They rarely read the terms pages and you are not supposed to include shipping data in the description so when a buyer clicks on buy, they will see free shipping because you didn't indicate any. Then you email them and ask for money. It would only take one complaint to eCRATER for them to notice how you are set up.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like free or fixed shipping, then a person (customer) knows exactly what they pay, no questions asked, no price changes, they pay what they see, I'm happy, their happy, transaction complete.

If I lose some money, or if I supposedly gain money from shipping cost, it is of no consequence since a person knows exactly what too pay from the start.

I also don't mind they can turn off a store, keeps you on your toes, i hope it don't happen too me, but if it does, it's better than that dang DSR system #%@$%% if you know what i speak of.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just a guess on my part, but looks like you have movies, pictures and comics and other magazines. It just seems like they are all light weight, wouldn't a set shipping cost work? Or use the matrix as the number of items sold......so 1 would be 4.00 and 2 would be 4.50.....or something like that.
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBatCaveOfOz wrote:

How would you like to have a doctor tell you that you have a terminal disease, but that You have to determine Which one yourself and then come back and ask for medicine?!

well your paying the doctor for visits..you pay nothing for ecrater

this has been posted before
eCrater does not notify store owners when stores are suspended for violations of their terms.
They feel that it is up to the store owner to:

1. Identify the problem
2. Correct it
3. Contact eCrater when the problem has been fixed.

You may read the eCrater Terms at: http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php

You can contact eCrater at: http://www.ecrater.com/contact.php

good luck
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the time to read this thread on suspended stores, lots of ideas of what could have gone wrong and how to fix. Most problems seem to have to do with money whether payment forms or shipping, selling pirated copies, posting items with x-rated pictures, using name brands to sell items when you have no legal right to.

This site is owned and operated by the site owner and he allows us to sell on here for free as long as we follows his rules. If you don't like the rules go start your own site with your own rules. Most of your items seem to be media mail eligible so setting up shipping should be a piece of cake. Many of us have been selling here for years and have no trouble with the shipping once we figured out what would work best for us. Looks like the matrix would be good for you.
AudioGasoline

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your logo could be at issue as well: images of Batman and the Bat Insignia are trademarked. Since you are using them for commercial purposes, DC could have tapped you.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would bet that is one of the reasons Audio. That falls under the using name brands illegally which is suspendeable.

Batcave--what you have to understand is that ecrater is very serious about stopping those that are using things they shouldn't (like trademarked images) or selling things they shouldn't is if they don't stop the seller, the ENTIRE venue could be shut down which would affect many more people than the store they suspended.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBatCaveOfOz wrote:
Because of the strange shipping set-up on this site, I merely offer that anyone with concerns ask me first if they are not sure about something. It is impossible to get an accurate shipping cost for an item until you have the exact weight and destination.
That is just one of the many faults with this place.

My own personal view is that you pick a price (for fixed shipping) or you use USPS Calculated. Getting the weight of the item (net weight) plus the packaging (tare weight) should be easy. You do know what size box everything fits into, don't you ?

If you use a fixed price, then expect that some orders will actually cost less (you make a little extra), and some will cost more (you eat a little bit). At the end of the day, it is much less hassle than trying to fiddle around with every penny +/- to make it exact.
elpereles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBatCaveOfOz, you aren't the only one that doesn't like the Shipping Matrix or the Shipping system in eCrater. But I recommend you take sometime to study it and you will find an answer. As the other said just looking your categories. All your items can be easy to ship.

Quote:
Your logo could be at issue as well: images of Batman and the Bat Insignia are trademarked. Since you are using them for commercial purposes, DC could have tapped you.

Now that you mention it. I'm not sure, but if my mind doesn't fail me. It happened to other seller here in eCrater with other logo.
TheBatCaveOfOz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well., I did get a reply when I filled out the form and asked why I had been suspended...apparently a couple of items were in the wrong category, which is something that I would Not know unless told!
So, I have moved them...I don't personally think they were in the wrong place, but that is another battle for another time!
Now...I guess I have to fill out the form again, saying that I have made the correction and please may I have my store back?

Still seems like a waste of time and energy...we can't possibly know what the interpretations are of every rule, of every category...what I may consider 'soft erotica' may be 'hard core' to someone else.

Again, all it takes is communication.

^^X^^
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And they communicated with you when you asked. So the problem is..?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Suspended Stores
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: