eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Lets see the older store without updates
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Lets see the older store without updates Reply with quote

I was searching for some stuff to buy in eCrater. I was surprise to see a store not update since 17 Oct 2005. I know eCrater lives thanks to the traffic, but it is interesting to see why they are allow these ghost stores. They have double ads.

http://csrhobby.ecrater.com/

If anyone finds one older just post it.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right where the payment info goes, ecrater has inserted this blurb

*The store has not been updated recently. You may want to contact the merchant to confirm the availability of the product."

I think that is a good idea. To think someone bothered to go to the trouble to set up some listings and never carried through. Sad. I do think many give up too quickly here.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems that way. I've been reading through old posts and it seems like a ton of people come here wondering why they have no sales after the first few days to a week. It takes time for others to find you. I guess they get used to ebay and come here wanting the same rate of success.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've been reading through old posts and it seems like a ton of people come here wondering why they have no sales after the first few days to a week

Yeah it was like if no one bought anything by day two they were panicing and by day 7 the had jumped ship and didn't keep working on their store. They apparently were believing the lie that selling on line is a fast, easy way to make money. Anything that smacked of work and effort on a person's part was cause to leave.
olyguy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EBid has dumped all listings from sellers that haven't been active for the past 60 days. Some of the sellers were wandering how this would affect the total number of listings on the site. The total is still over 6,000,000 so it didn't drop as much as some thought.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first store that sign up on this site - last I knew - never added any items

I've thought for years Ecrater needed to do a clean up
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

olyguy, first time I read about the dumb in eBid. It will not surprise me because as regular "Seller" you have 10 repost with a max of 90 days for auctions.

Also other site that is making dumbs is Wensy. As I said in other topic Webstore give you 3 weeks to log on then they send an e-mail with a "countdown" to close your listings.

I will not surprise things change when eCrater sit down to calculate revenue versus bandwidth cost from old non-update stores.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know is an old issue, but it is good too remember. eCrater needs some cleaning and start some newsletter to avoid the issue in some percent.

Other old stores I found:

http://skywayimages.ecrater.com/

http://hypnosis.ecrater.com/
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you check out theie feedback while you were there? The one store has -100%! Shocked

The other store had a buyer that never heard back from them on their order. I realize that this sort of thing can happen, but I know in my family if I die, they know that they either have to maintain the store or close them. But other than deather or something in that vein, there just doesn't seem to be any good reason to open and stock a store and then walk away from it.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Right where the payment info goes, ecrater has inserted this blurb

*The store has not been updated recently. You may want to contact the merchant to confirm the availability of the product."

I think that is a good idea. To think someone bothered to go to the trouble to set up some listings and never carried through. Sad. I do think many give up too quickly here.

Not sad, I think it actually keeps the riff raff out, it's not fast enough sales to take the money and run, and it's too much work for them. Very Happy

I assume having all that stuff stay listed probably helps attracting people (keywords) from search words. All though it might also make them not shop after they see how old that one store is they probably move on to another site.

so I dunno what is the lesser of two evils.

Also ecrater should fix that, the feedback should read "0" as in zero. -100% only looks like 100. That really should be changed immediately.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have suggested that Cosmic in the suggestions forum but they never did anything about it. Unless they put it in big red numbers like -100%

These two numbers in plain black text look the same

100%
-100%

A buyer could easily misinterpret that as 100% and think ecrater is just putting a dash in front of the number. I don't understand dump n go stores either. To some, all this work may not be fun but you know what? Running a business is not fun at times. If you can't handle working long hours & cannot be 100% dedicated to your business, then you are not a real business. You are a hobbyist just looking to make some quick cash. In my opinion, if you wanna sell tons of items right away & are only interested in the profit, go have a yard sale or set up at the flea market for a day. Unless your prices are ridiculous, you are guaranteed to make multiple sales right away.

I don't mind all the work I do. I am so used to putting 100% effort into my stores that it's second nature to me now. It feels natural, does not even bother me in the slightest because taking photos, writing descriptions, packing orders, printing postage labels is part of my daily routine so just like eating, sleeping, etc. those things feel like just any other daily chore. And I enjoy what I do. Of course profit is a big part of any serious business, but I'm not in this just for profit. I sell because I truly enjoy it. I love love love taking photos, every photo session is a chance to perfect my photography skills. Every item listed is a chance to enhance my descriptive skills.

And I really do like interacting with customers. Helping a potential buyer pick the right gift for their daughter, sending comforting emails to a buyer when the USPS is 10 days late on delivery to reassure them their order is coming, and hearing feedback from satisfied buyers that the products, price, and shipping times were excellent. I now promise same day shipping on orders placed before 2 p.m. It has become my goal to offer extremely fast shipping at cheap rates. Pitney Bowes now gives me an even greater discount on shipping labels because of constant sales so now I can offer free shipping on many items too & only have to add a very small amount to the item cost to cover the shipping.
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the search suggested by TheMysteriousRose to check the eCrater/Shopify ad issue. I don't saw the ad, but I saw some successful eCrater stores/sellers in the search results. Congratulations. Wink

The bad was the ghost/abandon stores mix in th results. For example the following stores:

http://retroattic.ecrater.com/

http://secondhandresale.ecrater.com/

http://bargainbelles.ecrater.com/

http://telscloset.ecrater.com/

http://mmstreasures.ecrater.com/

Note:
1) I saw some stores not updated since months ago or since January 2014, but decide not to include them in the list.
2) One of the stores has a great success in sales. Last update and feedback were in 2010. I'm very curious about it.
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More stores:

http://kikiandmuggscloset.ecrater.com/

http://bargangifts.ecrater.com/

http://iserveplus.ecrater.com/
elpereles

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic is old, but I will revive it. During the support of some topics I was searching around. It is amazing how many Ghost Stores are in eCrater.

eCrater management start doing something. It is amazing still find the 2005 store that I mentioned still open. Rolling Eyes
pickychicky

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Elperes, did that store show an increase in sales? I agree eCrater needs to clean up, but they also need a different way to determine whether or not a shop has been updated. Not everyone lists every day or anywhere near that frequently. So, they may be around, but don't show any updates for a while. Of course, if they still haven't been updated after 15 years! Shocked That's a no-brainer. LOL To compete with ghost shops is not just bad for sellers, ya know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: