eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Backward Thinking
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Suspended Stores
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know miscategorization was grounds for suspension unless someone just dumped all items in the Antiques category because it was first in the list.

Miscategorization is very easy to do both by accident (pointer slips) or misinterpretation of terms.

I once made a list of all the categories key chains were in. Many many. And the fact was there wasn't a category for key chains.

Another problem comes when categories are added to the list after you have listed your item, putting it the best place possible and don't realize a better place has been created. No announcement is ever made that the category list has expanded.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too had that same problem with keychains. I just listed several a few days ago and I couldn't really find an exact spot for them so, I just stuck them in collectibles.????? They could've also fell under misc. items too but, I wasn't sure.
TheBatCaveOfOz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"And they communicated with you when you asked. So the problem is..?"

The problem...besides snarky comments such as yours...is Not communicating Before there is a problem, created by the poor system here.
On Other sites...you know the ones that actually do have sales and communicate with their people...you don't have to play guessing games and jump through hoops. If something is wrong, they Tell you. They may remove the item, but won't just shut down your store/auctions without saying a word.
In what world is this okay with any of you?

^^X^^
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They may remove the item, but won't just shut down your store/auctions without saying a word.

I believe that some part of eCrater Administration wants to see that sellers take care of their business and take more inter-actuation than just post items.

How long it takes you to see that your store was suspended? How many times you log on in a month?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you know the ones that actually do have sales

Ecrater sellers DO have sales here! Not sure why you seem to think that none are happening. But you are mistaken if you think no sales are happening. Even with things slowed down a bit by Google's shenanigans, I'm still getting regular sales. So far 21 this month (in 7 days). I am not alone in this.

As long as you keep thinking this site gets no sales, I don't see any reason for you to even want to bother with setting up or maintaining a store here--what is the point?
AudioGasoline

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBatCaveOfOz wrote:

The problem...besides snarky comments such as yours...is Not communicating Before there is a problem, created by the poor system here.
On Other sites...you know the ones that actually do have sales and communicate with their people...you don't have to play guessing games and jump through hoops. If something is wrong, they Tell you. They may remove the item, but won't just shut down your store/auctions without saying a word.

^^X^^

Ebay will absolutely suspend your account for breaking certain rules. So will any other online service, be it marketplace or otherwise. And many sellers are here precisely because they tired of the guessing games and hoop-jumping at ebay, so I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

Here's another problem you may not have identified: when people come to these boards looking for clarification, but ignore the suggestions they're given.

Sellers have mentioned a couple things about your store that are explicitly stated in Ecrater's terms of service. Miscategorization is only one issue, and the fact that your store is still suspended tells me that they are waiting for you to fix something else. Probably the shipping; ignoring the matrix is not an acceptable work around by Ecrater standards. An unfilled shipping matrix and post-transaction shipping costs are both known suspendable infractions. And I think you're required to have something on your FAQ page, too (not that your 'Terms' and 'About' pages are especially descriptive).

I agree that it would be nice for Ecrater to let a seller know when they are suspended - a seller's admin page would be a good place, IMO, so they would at least have to be active in their store to see the notice. If you were to post the idea on the "Suggestions" forum, I'm guessing you'd get some support. People come to this board looking for suggestions. If you were just looking to blow off steam, then put the word "Rant" in the thread title and it will be received accordingly.

Most of the time, the advice that comes from helpful sellers is what fixes the problem. Ignore them at your own peril.
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBatCaveOfOz wrote:

^^X^^

And you pay them. They have a staff.
Here is it FREE and you are expected to follow the not complicated rules.
If you keep your eyes on your store, you would know it;s been shut down.

Don't get mad at us (the other sellers on this site that make up this community) because YOU broke some rule.
Just figure out the issue and correct it
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing.

I have sales. And I've never had either of my stores suspended. I read the rules when I started.

But *I'm* the problem according to the OP.

I guess some people really stretch reality to avoid personal responsibility!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure remember selling on ebay and having listings taken down for the weirdest reasons and of course no reimbursement of listing fees when we had to relist the item (if we even found out that it was gone!). Ebay is great at pulling the rug out from under a seller so I'm not sure why the OP has the views he has that for some reason ecrater is worse than any other venue. The all have their own particular problems and you have to decide which problems you can or can't work around.

Just like his contention that no sales are happening here. In the two days since he made his comment, over 2000 sales have taken place here. Granted not on the order of ebay's sales, but definitely sales are going on. Each year we seem to be hitting milestones quicker when it comes to listings and sales. Took us a long time to get to the 1st millionth sale. Hardly any time to get to the 2nd millionth and we are almost half way to the third millionth sale. It takes a lot of hard work, but things are happening here. I think we would have even more sales if some sellers would pay attention to advice on how to list and write their titles, etc. but that comes down to them working their own business model their own way, I guess and if they don't want to clean up lousy stuff in their store then they get the lack of sales to go along with it.
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread is now off original topic.

em
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Suspended Stores
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: