eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Selling in UK only
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandmanglass

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Selling in UK only Reply with quote

I am setting up my store at the moment and would like to know if it is possible to only sell in the UK for the time being just to test the market. I have tried to remove the US and other default states but cant seem to get my head round it. Confused
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wendysbookstore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello sandmanglass,

It's not possible to sell to UK only. It has to be UK and US.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
4.3 Basic requirements

- All texts must be in English
- All prices must be in US dollars and >= $0.2
- The sellers must be able to ship throughout the United States.
- If paid through PayPal/Google Checkout the sellers must ship within 5 business days after the payment clears. Exemptions from this rule are cases when you ship custom made items or items that require time to be produced.

No you must sell in the USA because is a requirement.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but they're right. It is a requirement to sell to the U.S.
elpereles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that everybody must follow rules. In my opinion, the idea of the UK and AU was nice, but implementation is a piece of trash. I consider not fair make users from UK and AU sell in USA when isn't a requirement for the USA users sell in UK and AU. Also for long time I hope that finally eCrater make a special "button" to put on hold a specific store.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I consider not fair make users from UK and AU sell in USA when isn't a requirement for the USA users sell in UK and AU

If a UK seller read the rules before signing up, they would or at least should, know that there is a requirement that they sell to the US. I don't think that it is a question of fair or not. UK sellers have to make a decision about whther they want to follow that rule or not and if they don't they can go elsewhere. I don't like having to use PP for all the UK and AU store sales, but since we can't use GCO, I made the decision to open my stores anyways with this particular payment venue. As sellers we all have to make decisions about where we sell and if a site doesn't meet our needs then we find one that will.
kutuphane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I am three years late but what you are asking is just simple as filling thousands in the blanks of shipping matrix to US-Mainland, Alaska and Hawaii. No buyer would like to pay thousands of $ for shipping...

This is not against terms, you may send the item to US but for a thousand of $.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a US based company and items listed on it are available world wide if sellers so choose. I am guessing that the reason the UK and AU sites were set up is because of currency issues. The pound sterling is particularly confusing to translate/from US$. Other than Canada they are the most popular non US countries we sell to.

However if you can sell only to the UK, then the reason for the site is self-defeating as it would handicap US sellers because UK buyers who were buying from the US site would then buy only from the UK site therefore penalizing the US sellers. Does that make any sense to you?
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand. Why revive an old topic? Rolling Eyes
kutuphane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
It is a US based company and items listed on it are available world wide if sellers so choose. I am guessing that the reason the UK and AU sites were set up is because of currency issues. The pound sterling is particularly confusing to translate/from US$. Other than Canada they are the most popular non US countries we sell to.

However if you can sell only to the UK, then the reason for the site is self-defeating as it would handicap US sellers because UK buyers who were buying from the US site would then buy only from the UK site therefore penalizing the US sellers. Does that make any sense to you?

http://www.ecrater.com/help.php#collapse0

FAQ & Site Info
Getting Started

What is eCRATER?
The eCRATER platform has two functions:
1) It is an online marketplace bringing together buyers and sellers from all over the world.
2) It is a FREE ecommerce website builder providing sellers with customizable online stores. All products uploaded to a seller's store are automatically included in the marketplace.

Last edited by kutuphane on Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
kutuphane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
I don't understand. Why revive an old topic? Rolling Eyes

Seller has an inactive store. If reply notification is checked, he/she would see the post and may come back to revive his/her store.
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Seller has an inactive store. If reply notification is checked, he/she would see the post and may come back to revive his/her store.

If you believe the best idea to get members back. It is replying old topics. Ok, go for it. Laughing
kutuphane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="elpereles"]
Quote:
If you believe the best idea to get members back. It is replying old topics. Ok, go for it. Laughing

I believe in old topics. Razz
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Topics are old if they have no use for anyone. You can have a computer that's 10 years old, technology wise its obsolete but if you have a use for it and keep on using it its not old.

I still use a Casio organizer from 1997, cant go wrong with 1MB of memory! LOL FWI, they have the Casio Organizers that have 3MB of memory from 1996 and people are buying them up at, get this $299 to $399 each. 20 year old stuff still sells!

Yeah I would be in a agreeance, the pricing should be fixed price for international and there should be changes made. The reason is the value of the dollar. We dont know if eCrater takes into consideration the value of the US dollar vs. another countries currency. You'd stand the chance of someone international getting a sweet deal on something then find out you'll be out money. Refund and then boom, buyer leaves you negative for refunding them.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We dont know if eCrater takes into consideration the value of the US dollar vs. another countries currency.

Of course they do if they are doing your currency prices for you! If you doubt ecrater's ability to do this well, you can set your own UK and AU prices. I've done it (not that I doubted their ability)ever since we had the other stores linked to us and never had a problem except occassionally when the price of shipping international skyrocketed back a few years ago. ecrater always sets the shipping rates in accordance with what you tell them your shipping amount US$ is. If you don't think you are getting enough, you raise the rate for your shipping to those locations. Actually rather simple.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: