eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Adwords and Analytics Different Reports
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
makeyourpetshappy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Adwords and Analytics Different Reports Reply with quote

I apologize if this is a repost, I searched and could not find this particular topic.

Does anyone use adwords and analytics, together?

I started an adwords campaign a few days ago. According to adwords, my campaign was a minor success. I PPC and I got my clicks. However, in analytics it is showing no traffic.

According to analytics, I have very little traffic. (I realize I've got some work to do) I think it is working correctly, because when I go to my site, it shows up almost instantly. When I have posted to these forums, that traffic also shows up almost instantly.

My hits are increasing when I look at my products in my ecrater admin, so I feel people are seeing my products somewhere. I assumed it was completely through ecrater search.

But now when I have two completely conflicting reports, and I've paid for these clicks, I'm confused why they are not showing up.

Thanks! Everyone here is always a huge help!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of the clicks that show in your store are mainly bots, GA is a better indicator of human traffic.
makeyourpetshappy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thats dissapointing, I thought at least SOMEONE was seeing my store.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I post on Pintrest, my count goes up almost instantly. Just feeding the little bits that love new info.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

makeyourpetshappy wrote:

they are, you just need to consider how hard it is to be the top viewed webpage for the "world" and how many other sites that sell.

even if you take something like foxnews, or ford, or GM, they have tons of hits and views but there is still other places that get more.

so it's not all just you or ecrater or google, or bing, just keep plugging along.
makeyourpetshappy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleButterflyJewlery wrote:
Every time I post on Pintrest, my count goes up almost instantly. Just feeding the little bits that love new info.

Is it going up in Analytics? or just on the product hits through ecrater?
makeyourpetshappy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-Better-Way wrote:
makeyourpetshappy wrote:

they are, you just need to consider how hard it is to be the top viewed webpage for the "world" and how many other sites that sell.

even if you take something like foxnews, or ford, or GM, they have tons of hits and views but there is still other places that get more.

so it's not all just you or ecrater or google, or bing, just keep plugging along.

Yeah I know I'm not going to be getting a lot of views. That takes time. But very specific things, like the adwords. Adwords is telling me I had 17 clicks in the last 3 days, I know thats not a big number, but I would expect at least 17 clicks with a 100% bounce rate in analytics. I have 0. If they are clicking my ad, then they should at least register in analytics, shouldn't they?
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am certainly not an expert on interpreting web data. I just take my ecrater hits with a grain of salt and figure my GA hits are more accurate. I could be wrong. I am just very happy when someone finds my store, which is just a micro player in online stores.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It takes a little time to show up in analytics.
makeyourpetshappy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-Better-Way wrote:
It takes a little time to show up in analytics.

Whats a little time? Weeks? Its been 4 days now
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think generally your analytics run one day behind. I would take the word of the adwords for actual traffic, since if they are charging you for actual clicks, then you had certainly have better had them or else they are stealing from you.

Other than seeing traffic trends, I don't look at how many hits I'm getting since the point is, it only takes one buyer to hit on a listing and buy it, while maybe 400 have seen it only one wanted to buy it. I've had some listings up for sale for 5 years now and they get hits monthly and then out of the blue someone buys it. It can't be predicted and depending on what you sell, there is no way to follow a trend with hits other than your store as a whole. Is it bringing people in? If it isn't, then time to do more promoting. If you are swapped with business you still want to promote so that the business continues.
makeyourpetshappy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
I think generally your analytics run one day behind. I would take the word of the adwords for actual traffic, since if they are charging you for actual clicks, then you had certainly have better had them or else they are stealing from you.

Other than seeing traffic trends, I don't look at how many hits I'm getting since the point is, it only takes one buyer to hit on a listing and buy it, while maybe 400 have seen it only one wanted to buy it. I've had some listings up for sale for 5 years now and they get hits monthly and then out of the blue someone buys it. It can't be predicted and depending on what you sell, there is no way to follow a trend with hits other than your store as a whole. Is it bringing people in? If it isn't, then time to do more promoting. If you are swapped with business you still want to promote so that the business continues.

That's my question, I have a source that I'm paying to bring people in. It says it is, but analytics is saying it's not. And from what I can tell, analytics is working, because it's right on the money when I have traffic I KNOW I have, like myself. Other than myself, and some referrals from other posts I've made in this community, it says I have NO traffic.

On another note, I made a post...a few hours ago, about a certain dog toy that I carry. Prior to that post, it had 2 views in ecrater, now it has 19. I assume that post got some attention, and people visited my store, but in analytics....it shows the only visitor for today is when I clicked on my page earlier this afternoon.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Prior to that post, it had 2 views in ecrater, now it has 19

Not sure what kind of 'post' you made about the dog toy, but I suspect those

***Not sure what happened to this post, but I meant to say that those posts were probably all bots or spyders with hits that quick.

Last edited by MoonwishesStore on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
elpereles

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The clicks in eCrater are nothing. eCrater even count your own clicks.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is my understanding that Adwords ads bring traffic to the marketplace version of your listing, not your store version.

It is my understanding that Analytics tracks hits to the store version of your listing, not the marketplace version.

I suppose to test this all someone would have to do is click on an ad and see which it takes you to. Just don't ever click on your own ads. Google frowns on that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: