eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

No views this month
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BellaVista

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: No views this month Reply with quote

There is definitely something going on with my booth. None of my items show views. I had a sale last month so I know my booth was "working" just fine. I am stumped. Any advice?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like your store is suspended. I have no clue why but read the terms and conditions of selling on eCRATER.
AmericanEdge

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: No views this month Reply with quote

BellaVista wrote:
There is definitely something going on with my booth. None of my items show views. I had a sale last month so I know my booth was "working" just fine. I am stumped. Any advice?

Don't know if this has anything to do with it but on your home page of your store you state:

" TO SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAIL LIST, WITH ACCESS TO COUPONS, ADVANCE NOTICE OF SALES, AND FASHION NEWS, PASTE THIS LINK INTO YOUR BROWSER:

.........eepurl.com/kGsv"

This link is a redirect to your bonanzle list manage service. .....bonanzle.us1.list-manage.com/subscribe? ......

Your coupons and sales wouldn't apply to eCrater as the system here doesn't support such features.

It might be construed that you are sending customers to another venue to make a purchase which is against eCrater TOS.

eCrater does not notify store owners when stores are suspended for violations of their terms.
They feel that it is up to the store owner to:

1. Identify the problem
2. Correct it
3. Contact eCrater when the problem has been fixed.

You may read the eCrater Terms at: http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php

You can contact eCrater at: http://www.ecrater.com/contact.php

Good Luck resolving this problem.

ralph
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
something going on with my booth

You need to remember that you are on ecrater. We do not have 'booths' here they are stores. It is like coming from ebay and talking about people winning an auction to buy something here. No auctions either.

I see that you have name brand items that may need proof that you are allowed to sell some of these brands. Ecrater may want proof, via receipts, of your legal purchases and your rights to resell. Not sure if that is the problem but could be.

Continuing with the thought as the other poster mentioned about your home page, no coupons work with ecrater unless they are through Google and only with Google checkout. Sales are very hard to set up here--you can change the prices, but hard to show that it is a sale price. So these items alone are telling us that you don't view ecrater as a selling venue for you distinctly different from your other selling venues. I think (my opinion only) that you need to forget all your other venues when dealing with ecrater (not saying you can't sell on other venues). Set up your store as if you sold no where else and use terminoloy that shows you understand what type of site ecrater is. None of this has anything to do with your suspension I suppose, but does have to do with how a buyer might look at your store.
BellaVista

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all of the feedback everyone, I appreciate your time. I'm sure all of the things you have pointed out are reasons I was suspended. I just wish I would have received a notification that I was suspended, and now I remember why I left Ecrater 2 years ago.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just wish I would have received a notification that I was suspended, and now I remember why I left Ecrater 2 years ago

As was the rule 2 years ago, they don't tell people when they are suspended. Ecrater is a great place to sell, but you have to be willing to follow the rules just like every other venue.
AmericanEdge

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no such seller Neutral
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people sign up and never bother to read the rules and then get ticked off when they get in trouble for not following the rules? I guess some must think since ecrater is free, then it is a 'free-for all' do what you want kind of place. Unfortunately it seems to be a mentality that we see more and more in all walks of life. No one wants to follow rules anymore but don't you dare not follow one of their unspoken, unwritten rules!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think part of the problem is caused by the fact that the terms of service are "buried" on the front page of eCrater. When you sign up for a "free" store, you are not required to check a box that states you have read and agreed to the site's terms. Now we all know many people will just check the box and continue, but if they had to check a box, they were at least told there are terms. We all know folks check the box and keep moving because we've all had to "read and agree to the terms" on internet sites. I think it's industry standard, so I can understand why a person would think a free site doesn't have any Terms of Service since they didn't have to read them to open their store.

How many people come here and ask how to contact eCrater? The contact link is beside the link for terms. If they don't know how to contact eCrater, they probably don't realize the site has Terms of Service.

Another problem is caused by the fact that eCrater changes the Terms of Service and never lets anyone know. Yes, I know we should check the terms, but really... how many of you actually go check the terms on a regular basis to see if anything has changed?

So, we have a site that allows folks to open a store without requiring they read and agree to the terms, the terms change with no notice to the sellers (no email, no posting on community board, no posting on facebook or twitter) and stores are then suspended without any notice to the seller. It's no wonder we have sellers coming here wondering what happened and some that get mad and leave. I can't picture the ones leaving having positive things to say about the site and that affects us all.

I love eCrater, but that doesn't mean I don't see it's flaws. I just wish this issue of terms would be better addressed and I wish there was an automated email to the seller to let them know they were suspended with a link to the suspended topic on the Community Board. The email could also contain a link to the terms and give the steps to get their store reinstated.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila, I do understand that, but you would think that some would make an effort to find out about selling here. On the very first page that they have to click to begin the process of getting a store, it says 100% free and up to 10 photos free. Over the years I've been here I can't remember how many people have asked how many photos they are allowed and what are the fees, so they aren't even reading what little is in front of them.

I think my problem is I am seeing this attitude all over the place, not just on line sellers. people are getting mad, ticked off, angry, etc. over minor things that in reality happen because they don't spend even a few minutes checking into things or finding out local customs, and even if they do they don't want to follow them, then they get mad because you won't follow theirs. Reminds me of my ex-husband that would get mad if stores around here wouldn't take checks because "that isn't how they do it in (name a state)". Who cares how people do it somewhere else? Find out how people do things here (or whever you are at). Perhaps you may know a better way, but how about taking it through channels to effect changes to whatever policy you want to change. (Not speaking to you as the you Sheila Very Happy )

I too think it shouldn't be hard to send a form email telling someone that their store is suspended. I don't know if it has been suggested or why after all these years, they haven't done it.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because terms change, I check my stores every day to ensure they are not suspended.

I find it sadly funny that the only email I've ever gotten from ecrater that was not in reply to an email question I'd sent them was 4 emails in a row telling me to pay Google to show up in shopping, even though without it, my page views and sales still are higher than ever.

Things that actually affect my stores (for example, all of a sudden having a UK and AU store even though I don't ship to those countries) I only found out about reading here. No notification at all.

In fact, that's the only reason I read here. I mean, if I actually took the misguided advice I was given by other sellers, I wouldn't even have my ugly sweater store, since you all told me that nobody would buy sweaters called "ugly", yet I've sold over 1,000 since then.

I've seen some pretty bad advice handed out here, and some flat out incorrect things. I used to correct them by providing links, etc, but you all just beat me up for that so I've stopped.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually Sheilah has a very good point. Maybe it should be made into a suggestion that before you can proceed with opening a store that you must check that you have read and agreed to the terms.

Doesn't mean people will actually read the terms, I certainly didn't yesterday when I clicked one 3 times but it does relieve eCRATER of getting blamed.

There are two kinds of people who get suspended. Those who are flaunting the rules hoping not to get caught, like selling counterfeit goods etc. and those who naively via some miswording set up a store having no clue that something they wrote will get them suspended. The OP had been here 2 years but hadn't filled out any of her pages.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
Doesn't mean people will actually read the terms, I certainly didn't yesterday when I clicked one 3 times but it does relieve eCRATER of getting blamed.

eCRATER will always catch some of the blame (and usually not deserved). The other day I did a web search for 'ecrater complaints'. One of the results I hit had someone complaining about a seller on eCrater selling gray-market motorcycle horns, and further down the thread someone else complained about their store getting suspended without being notified.

If you stop and think it thru, the two complaints are on opposite sides of the same issue. The first one was complaining that eCRATER was not managing seller behavior, and the second was complaining that eCRATER was managing seller behavior. Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed. Very Happy
ladyknightsjewelry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sign up page when a store is created:

https://www.ecrater.com/reg.php

Just above the Create store button with a link to the Terms of Service are the words:

You agree to our terms and policies

No sure how this could be more visible or anyone could pretend to not know that the site has Terms.

Many people just do not read what is in front of them. How many of us get questions regarding information that is in the description, in the listing, or in the title of an item? I know that I do in my store.
There appears to be a general click, click mode without ever slowing down, setting up a store properly and then expecting sales with 5 items listed in a store with no details filled out. Just my opinion. Rolling Eyes
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Many people just do not read what is in front of them. How many of us get questions regarding information that is in the description, in the listing, or in the title of an item? I know that I do in my store.
There appears to be a general click, click mode without ever slowing down, setting up a store properly and then expecting sales with 5 items listed in a store with no details filled out. Just my opinion.

Yep. I know years ago when people first started selling on line, new buyers were advised to ask a question, any question of a seller just to be sure they were a real person and not out to scam you. However, at this point some people have been selling for years and have feedback to prove it. All a potential customer needs to do is check the feedback and see that oh, yeah they sold something this week and the week before, etc. and everyone is happy with this seller. Instead we get questions about things that we have already said, and I'm sorry but I'm just not a good enough writer to answer them without wanting to bring it to their attention exactly where I already said what they asked. Embarassed but then I have talked to people who occasionally buy on line and they have never even noticed the feedback associated with the seller. They looked at me like I was telling them the sky was green and grass is blue.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: