eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Second beginnings for me - Tell me honestly what you think

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cooking-symphony

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Second beginnings for me - Tell me honestly what you think Reply with quote

Hello!

Although I have been a member of Ecrater for a while, due to circumstances, I had to put my store on the "back burner"

I am willing to give it now another go (some sales were made at the time and I strongly believe that it is worth keeping)

Can you tell me what you think of my store and more importantly, what can I do to improve it?

Thank you kindly for your replies Smile
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got to ask ... LeCreuset is a trademark name. Do you have permission to use their name as your store name?
Have that in writing?
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On your home page, the welcome message is cut off on my computer. I have IE8 as a browser. It might be different on other monitors.
cooking-symphony

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat wrote:
On your home page, the welcome message is cut off on my computer. I have IE8 as a browser. It might be different on other monitors.

Thank you for your reply. The message is indeed cut-off. Perhaps I am using too much text.

Also do you know if on the home page there is a facility to show "categories" instead of "random products"

Thanks Smile
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you have to go into your categories section and first create categories, then go through your items and assign each item to a particular category. Then, go back into the categories section and assign up to 7 categories as "root" categories, this means it will be a main category. Then select a spot where you want each category to show up on your front page by clicking on one of the boxes that says "free" below it. That means that that box has not yet been assigned to a category. If it says "taken" below it, it means you have already assigned a category to that spot. You can find these check boxes by clicking on the pencil icon to the right of each category name. Hope that wasn't too confusing.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
I've got to ask ... LeCreuset is a trademark name. Do you have permission to use their name as your store name?
Have that in writing?
anndabreau

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and good luck.
cooking-symphony

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Second beginnings for me - Tell me honestly what you think Reply with quote

Quote:
Have that in writing?

No, I haven't . How do I go about changing the shop's name? Can I call it instead "buy le creuset here"[/quote]
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Second beginnings for me - Tell me honestly what you thi Reply with quote

LeCreusetCookwareShop wrote:
Quote:
Have that in writing?

No, I haven't . How do I go about changing the shop's name? Can I call it instead "buy le creuset here"
[/quote]
technically,m you can't use their name at all. The selling of their prodcuts might be allow by them but unless you are an authorized dealer the warranty is null and void.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCRATER has to do the name change and it costs money. Not sure how much.

There is no point changing the name if you are going to use LeCreuset in any part of the name.

1. You don't say where you acquire your cookware. If you buy it wholesale ask your wholesaler if you can legally use LeCreuset in your estore name. If you buy from an outlet store, again ask them. If you don't get a definitive answer contact LeCreuset and tell them where you get your inventory and if you can use their name in your business.

2. If you are importing from Asia, you need to find out if you are buying / selling authentic cookware. According to Wikipedia Le Creuset is still made in France but much UK inventory is marked made in Taiwan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: