eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Help with graphic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJsNovelties

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Help with graphic Reply with quote

I have a web site that is related to my ecrater store.

I have been trying to create an image with a frog wearing a Santa hat. By the time I figure it out, it will be months too late.

Searching the stores, I did not find anyone offering design services. Could some one help me out? Thank you.

I do have a couple favorite free clip art frogs saved on my computer.

Jan Boies
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you need? A frog with a Santa hat? Do you want 2 photos join or a complete new artwork?

PD
Do you check Minnesota tax? It look too low. "Minnesota: 0.06875%"
JJsNovelties

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not familiar with Photoshop. I download GIMP. I have the frog and hat in two different layers. But I haven't figured how to put them together.

Thanks, I'll check out the tax %. When I had it at 6.xxx someone told me that was wrong!

Jan
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIMP is good, but I prefer Photoshop. If you need help and want to learn. I recommend you check in Youtube for tutorials. If you are interesting to learn how to use a program you must dedicate time to use it and practice. After some thing you learn some crazy stuff. The creativity is a gift for every human being and inspiration is everywhere.

I made the banner of my blog or my last logo: http://elperelestradingcards.blogspot.com/

The cards in the background are really 2 photos. One of my hand with some cards and the other more cards.

I made the banner of this forum: http://luchalibrefans.tk/

In the banner, the people are compose of 2 photos. One is the audience from actual wrestling event and the other a daily rock concert. Some layer effects and looks like all are in the same place.

Other composed photos

The photos are from different sources and shootings. For example the monitor view is a composition. I added the championship belt to the shoulder of the wrestler.

In this more compose. I added background from Al Pacino movie to Edge photos.

Quote:
Searching the stores, I did not find anyone offering design services. Could some one help me out? Thank you.

It will be a good idea. I'm not sure if there a category here in eCrater. Wink
edgohio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
GIMP is good, but I prefer Photoshop. If you need help and want to learn. I recommend you check in Youtube for tutorials. If you are interesting to learn how to use a program you must dedicate time to use it and practice. After some thing you learn some crazy stuff. The creativity is a gift for every human being and inspiration is everywhere.

I made the banner of my blog or my last logo: http://elperelestradingcards.blogspot.com/

The cards in the background are really 2 photos. One of my hand with some cards and the other more cards.

I made the banner of this forum: http://luchalibrefans.tk/

In the banner, the people are compose of 2 photos. One is the audience from actual wrestling event and the other a daily rock concert. Some layer effects and looks like all are in the same place.

The photos are from different sources and shootings. For example the monitor view is a composition. I added the championship belt to the shoulder of the wrestler.

In this more compose. I added background from Al Pacino movie to Edge photos.

Quote:

It will be a good idea. I'm not sure if there a category here in eCrater. Wink

Perhaps you could also explain to them what copyrighted material is and what a person can use it for. It would be a good idea as I'm sure you wouldn't want to infringe on another person or company. A single image could cost a person at 10's of 1000's of $$$...and that would be a sad thing should someone/company found out.

Food for thought.
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Perhaps you could also explain to them what copyrighted material is and what a person can use it for. It would be a good idea as I'm sure you wouldn't want to infringe on another person or company. A single image could cost a person at 10's of 1000's of $$$...and that would be a sad thing should someone/company found out.

Food for thought.

Thanks for your copyright comments. Anyway the original objective of my comment was to show an example of what can you do with software like Photoshop or Gimp.

Copyright is a big topic. As far I watch/read/hear in the past few years. The big real problems is someone else is making money and claiming ownership of a work from other people.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: