eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

The Froogle Button is GONE!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: The Froogle Button is GONE! Reply with quote

Wow, check it out - go to google and type in anything, click on the "more" link. Look at the dropdown menu - no more Froogle option! Now ecommerce things are listed under "products"!

I notice there is a nice big link at top to the Checkout items. I am wondering why there are no Ecrater listings in that area?
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://googlebase.blogspot.com/
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GOOD NEWS is that MSN has started https://productupload.live.com/
eCrater.com is working on uploading to MSN!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
ljstores

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I got an email saying that "froogle" had changed to "google products"
its supposed to be better Laughing

LJ
TheCookieLadyCafe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found all eCrater products...not the smoothest search.
http://www.google.com/products?q=cookie+dough+kits&btnG=Search&hl=en&show=li&authorid=1003845&cdn=eCRATER.com&lnk=storesugg

Josh, Jordy & The Cookie Lady…Proprietors: Purple Puppy Paws Products
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not implying Froogle has disappeared, just the button has. It's just morphed into the grownup Google Base. Same listings, but now they are simply called "Products". Really, really important to make use of that Product attribute if you are submitting your own feed!

I copied and altered my Google feed to meet the MSN feed requirements. Their list is small compared to Google, but they don't really tell you which are required and which are not. One big difference in the two is with Google, you must upload a full size jpg, no thumbnails. MSN has no size requirement but hints that a small compressed jpg (thumbnail!) is better.

Yes, Cookie, I see you found all Ecrater listings for your search - but that's because you added "ecrater" to the query LOL. Try the search again and don't add Ecrater to it. Then click on the little "Google Checkout Stores" right up at the top left - nada there Sad

I tried it with my tried and true keyword phrases, and while things are good on the main "products" page, there isn't one Ecrater listing in the Google Checkout Stores. I would have thought with Ecrater as a checkout partner, at least some listings would be included there.
cuppatea

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent Google a message about the Google Checkout stores thing. The reply said that since stores are subdomains of ecrater, Google doesn't have the technology to pick up which ecrater stores offer Google Checkout.

I'd like to follow up further with Google - maybe we can all send a suggestion that they look into it further. As they add more partners like Ecrater they need to grow the technology to accomodate stores.

Heather Ellen
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cuppatea - I sent the ecrater.com team an email to see if there is possible something that can be done on the ecrater.com side to get the stores included.

Also it's confirmed - ecrater.com items now appear in the MSN products!
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some research on Google, and no venues, outside of one where the merchant has to be certified by the venue before selling, is listed in the Checkout link. So at least we won't be suffering from our competition being listed there while we are not. I hope Google finds the technology to assimilate it's partners into their 'special' link (sigh)

Not much Ecrater can do, Google's search algorithms are strictly their own work.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what Dimitri said when I asked him about getting ecrater.com on the checkout list.

Quote:
I already discussed this issue with Google Base team several months ago.
Unfortunately nothing can be done at this moment. I offer them to include
Google Checkout merchant ID with every listings in the bulk file but their
system does not have such capability at this moment. However they reminded me
that Google Base is still in beta so these changes might be included in
future updates.

So I guess we can all keep our fingers crossed that google makes some changes.
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Google Base Reply with quote

It is really worthwhile to build your own file or even submit individual items in Google Base. I'm seeing more and more natural traffic by keeping my file updated.

Mary
http://www.cuteasabug.ecrater.com
http://www.cuteasabug.biz
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bingo, Mary, submitting individually to Google Base, while VERY time consuming, will definitely get you in the Google Checkout listings, provided you don't violate any of their rules. For those who sell 'designer replica' things, don't do it, it will definitely knock you outta the Google Checkout Stores category!

One nice thing about submitting individually to Base, too, is you have many more options that you can add/use to make your listing attractive including HTML, including the Style attribute. I use that for keywords and keyword phrases!

Right now, I am running a combo on Base. I have a .txt file with about 500 listings in it, plain Janes with just a direct link to my store, but advertising that I accept Checkout. I have another approx. 400 things I listed by hand (OMG was that time consuming!) on Base. Those listings show up as an actual Google Checkout Store - buy it now buttons, they can buy right there with Checkout - but they also include a direct link to the website or Ecrater store, where they can pay via Paypal (noted on the Base listing, too).

Too many products to try to list them all by hand, but this way, I hope to catch them coming AND going LOL
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Yahoo Classifieds Reply with quote

I also keep my 10 freebies posted on http://www.classifieds.yahoo.com that seem to generate around 9% of my traffic.

Hey - anything that is free!

Mary
TheCookieLadyCafe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eleganzajewels wrote:

Yes, Cookie, I see you found all Ecrater listings for your search - but that's because you added "ecrater" to the query LOL. Try the search again and don't add Ecrater to it. Then click on the little "Google Checkout Stores" right up at the top left - nada there Sad

I tried it with my tried and true keyword phrases, and while things are good on the main "products" page, there isn't one Ecrater listing in the Google Checkout Stores. I would have thought with Ecrater as a checkout partner, at least some listings would be included there.

I searched for [cookie dough kits] and my results were as I posted above. I did click on Google checkout and the screen refreshed. I beleive that it may be that my items are also, posted on Google Base and Ecrater is my URL for those products, since eCrater is my only access to GC. That is the way I set it up v. my home page on MSN Live or, any of the other venues where my products are sold.

I know that you use IE, I NEVER do, unless I am checking to see how a new venue looks in all browsers. I use Opera and MSN. Others loaded for checking views are Firefox[Mozilla] Solaris, Salamander, SeaMonkey and Voyager 3. The most problematic is IE followed by Mozilla[with flash and apple video].

…Cross your PAWS!

Josh, Jordy & The Cookie Lady…Proprietors: Purple Puppy Paws Products
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to google.com. Add "cookie dough kits" to the search box. Click search. Go to "products". You will NOT see all Ecrater listings, either on the main Products page OR the Google Checkout Stores page. These will be the results, no matter the browser you are using:

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=cookie%20dough%20kits&btnG=Google+Search&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wf

The URL you provided (below) has "ecrater" right in the URL, indicating that "ecrater" was part of the search parameters. That's why only Ecrater listings are exhibit in these results - the search was narrowed to only include Ecrater listings:

http://www.google.com/products?q=cookie+dough+kits&btnG=Search&hl=en&show=li&authorid=1003845&cdn=eCRATER.com&lnk=storesugg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: